Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rain

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Is it ever going to stop?

I don't ever remember so much heavy rain - especially in the mornings getting ready for and en route to work - in this south east corner of the country.

Sign of the times or just a crazy month?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
It's great, apart from the fact builders have just taken the roof off of my house to do a loft conversion and the temporary roof they've put on is incredibly loud.

Is it ever going to stop?

I don't ever remember so much heavy rain - especially in the mornings getting ready for and en route to work - in this south east corner of the country.

Sign of the times or just a crazy month?

59mm of rain has fallen so far this month here. An average month is 67mm with the wettest month of the year being November at 95mm. It’s been wet so far this month but certainly not looking to be exceptional. It has been unusually dry for such a long time hence why it seems wet, wet, wet now?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I hope so, my new roof isn't finished yet!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
It is lovely having an outside job at the moment. I never tire of getting wet every single ****ing day. Today’s forecast includes thunder and lightning so I have something new to look forward to today.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We've had an exeptionally dry spring and summer . . . crops suffered, certainly our allotment did.

Now we have exceptionally heavy and persistant rain, I have just checked my workshop and it's flooded, just mopped up about 10L of water . . . . the worst in the 16 years since I built it. the guttering cannot cope with such heavy rain. It overflows and soaks through the bottom of the wall. I've tried a lot of things recently and am now looking at changing the roof! the worst I've had before is just a small puddle on occaision.

Climate change is very very real. we're virtually subtropic here now!

el punal

It's great, apart from the fact builders have just taken the roof off of my house to do a loft conversion and the temporary roof they've put on is incredibly loud.

Your temporary roof is incredibly loud? I absolutely agree, these builders have no fashion sense whatsoever. I would imagine it’s a combination of marigold with shades of vermillion, or some such ghastly combination. Surely a subtle Prince of Wales check would be so much more pleasing on the eye? :ohmy:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Your temporary roof is incredibly loud? I absolutely agree, these builders have no fashion sense whatsoever. I would imagine it’s a combination of marigold with shades of vermillion, or some such ghastly combination. Surely a subtle Prince of Wales check would be so much more pleasing on the eye? :ohmy:

They've gone full psychedelic patterns. Barstewards.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We've had an exeptionally dry spring and summer . . . crops suffered, certainly our allotment did.

Now we have exceptionally heavy and persistant rain, I have just checked my workshop and it's flooded, just mopped up about 10L of water . . . . the worst in the 16 years since I built it. the guttering cannot cope with such heavy rain. It overflows and soaks through the bottom of the wall. I've tried a lot of things recently and am now looking at changing the roof! the worst I've had before is just a small puddle on occaision.

Climate change is very very real. we're virtually subtropic here now!

I think that we are getting someone else's rain due to shifting weather patterns.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
59mm of rain has fallen so far this month here. An average month is 67mm with the wettest month of the year being November at 95mm. It’s been wet so far this month but certainly not looking to be exceptional. It has been unusually dry for such a long time hence why it seems wet, wet, wet now?

Indeed...first three weeks of September only one wet day that I can recall ..nature just balancing things up

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Our rugby match was called off last weekend because of a waterlogged pitch - can't recall that happening in October before. I can see lots of cancellations in the coming months if it continues like this

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here