Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rain

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Anyone else feel like it's ****ing raining loads the past few months?

Seems a dry day is when you only get a shower.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm considering growing Rice next year up the plot.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone else feel like it's ****ing raining loads the past few months?

Seems a dry day is when you only get a shower.
Football and rugby pitches everywhere are barely useable unless they've got proper drainage installed. So I suspect we really have been getting way more rain than usual in Autumn.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Football and rugby pitches everywhere are barely useable unless they've got proper drainage installed. So I suspect we really have been getting way more rain than usual in Autumn.

According to someone I know who is a groundsman, Eastbourne had the highest rainfall in November since records began, ie since 1910, apparently.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surely the Daily Express fortnightly proscribed "Big Freeze " should at least improve things ?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's like the miserable Psalms. So depressing.

Colours of autumn are completely washed out. Everything's so grey :(

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
my u13s boys team has played 2 games of football this season...… absolutely no chance of this weekend being on either. Then the pitches will be frozen come January....

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
my u13s boys team has played 2 games of football this season...… absolutely no chance of this weekend being on either. Then the pitches will be frozen come January....

We've had similar problems - 3 children normally scheduled for 9:00-10:30 training moved randomly each week to hourly slots across the morning on the local 3G or, worse, at the other side of town.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Golf course has been basically shut for weeks (when open, it’s only been part of it, and the open bits have been so muddy as to be virtually unplayable). I reckon this week will have pushed proper opening well into next year now, even without any more rain. Must be hitting them incredibly hard financially.

Played at Waterhall a few times recently instead (great value, and drains incredibly well) where it’s basically dry............but that’ll be closing down at the end of March by the look of things.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

On the other hand. it's been great for rugby. Lovely soft pitches and opportunities to slide in for tries. The girls played their first floodlit match last night, ended up caked with mud but loved it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here