Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Selhurst on a Monday night

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
By my initial mental calculations, I now can’t make any of those matches. Certainly won’t be going anywhere near a car on Boxing Day or New Year’s Day at that time of the morning. All tho others, well, pretty much all of them I can’t now do. The premier league experience is shit for fans isn’t it?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
By my initial mental calculations, I now can’t make any of those matches. Certainly won’t be going anywhere near a car on Boxing Day or New Year’s Day at that time of the morning. All tho others, well, pretty much all of them I can’t now do. The premier league experience is shit for fans isn’t it?

Money talks and we are the pawns

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just wait until Amazon say they want games on Christmas Day and here's £25m per game for 2pm 4pm 6pm and 8pm kick offs.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Same as me sadly. Nearly every change has knocked out the chance of me being able to attend. Will have to turn into an armchair fan with my Amazon prime account which is all rather depressing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And the made you wait almost an extra week to tell you.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I guess I’m one of the lucky ones who don’t have to worry about dates or times, I just take the day off and go. Live on my own with nobody else to worry about, a real saddo��

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Back to the point, I usually go by coach to Selhurst but thinking about the train this year - does the "special train" after the game stop anywhere or is it direct to Brighton

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I don't mind giving my name, providing photo ID, even a fingerprint and lock of my grandmother's hair, then overcoming any health and safety concerns, having a crap view and a huge crush in the bar/toilet area PROVIDED THAT someone tells me what time I will be free, from kettling or a slow march, to access Norwood Junction station and catch a train to London. Only then can I make plans to get home. This release from custody time is coincidental with the timing of the 'special' train they usually lay on to Brighton, and this train departure time is usually only announced a few days before the game!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
With it being a Monday night, wonder what member points bracket this game will drop to?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
With it being a Monday night, wonder what member points bracket this game will drop to?

Doubt it will drop far down the tiers as it rarely gets passed the first tranche of tickets.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite happy its on TV, I certainly wouldn't have gone. The result can be fun as we saw last season, but everything else around that trip is an utterly miserable experience.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here