Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] London commuters appear to attack XR protestor

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Apparently planning on disrupting Gatwick this morning. Hope they get the same treatment there, but think it unlikely sadly.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Genuine question what do these people actually want? I know they say we want the government and big business to start taking action but by doing what? Renewable energy production has overtaken fossil fuels and continues to grow.

they want stuff thats being done to be done more and faster, net zero greenhouse gases by 2025 (and other political guff). because they need a cause to fight, having stuff done isnt enough.

ultimately they want to roll-back industrialisation, impoverishing everyone.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. I hate it when I have to go to London for a meeting on a commuter train …. they should change the name to a cuntuter train ! They really are a miserable bunch of unfriendly cvnts.

They hate it every bit as much as you. Probably far more. It's not called the rat race for nothing. It's a dehumanising existence.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
they want stuff thats being done to be done more and faster, net zero greenhouse gases by 2025 (and other political guff). because they need a cause to fight, having stuff done isnt enough.

ultimately they want to roll-back industrialisation, impoverishing everyone.

But surely they must realise that is completely unfeasible??

So they are just anarchists then.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agreed it's counter productive to 'attack' public transport.

That said, surely the problem is now so bad, that maybe companies should be actively 'persuaded' to look at how many of their staff could work from home and thus save millions of journeys even on public transport. It amazes me how many SMEs are so blinkered in their approach to WFH - it would save them huge amounts of money and help the environment at the same time. *** he says while permanently working from home ! ***

And is on North stand chat

N17

Jun 21, 2011
If they did that on the 18.07 London Bridge to Uckfield there would be murders. 90% of the commuters on that service are already on the verge of going postal. I did it for about a decade and it nearly did me in. I fear for any XR protestors who target that particular service.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They aren’t protesting at electrified public transport, the aim and justification of their protest is to bring as much attention to their cause as possible and in turn to force debate on the subject in government. Their method of doing that is by causing the maximum amount of disruption possible. They’re not trying to stop the underground because it’s environmentally unfriendly.

That is surely the answer. But to grow their movement they need ordinary moderate people to support them. All the time they are disrupting obviously environmentally unfriendly targets they are winning a lot of support. Attacking an environmentally friendly target sends out a very confusing message, as evidenced by the confusion on this thread

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They hate it every bit as much as you. Probably far more. It's not called the rat race for nothing. It's a dehumanising existence.

Then the question is 'Why do it ?' - I've purposely stayed out of London my whole career on purpose ( bar the odd meeting ) - it's meant less money and less promotion prospects but it's perfectly do'able.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Especially the London c*nts who will shove, usually smaller female, people off of the inside of carriages to make sure they get on. There's something about London which very much makes people worse than they are. I feel it when landing back from a holiday, and all of a sudden bustling my way through any transport system and queue, huffing with judgemental dismay.

Don't try to get home from London in peak hours with bloody suitcases. You might find it easier to just sit down, have a cup of tea, and wait until off-peak (after 0930). I have been travelling in London on the tube and trains for the past 26 years, and I have NEVER seen a "London c*nt" shove people off the train to get on.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Indeed. I hate it when I have to go to London for a meeting on a commuter train …. they should change the name to a cuntuter train ! They really are a miserable bunch of unfriendly cvnts.

Oh bless, it must be such a chore. They're not going to lay on a bloody red carpet for the nimbys from Sussex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Then the question is 'Why do it ?' - I've purposely stayed out of London my whole career on purpose ( bar the odd meeting ) - it's meant less money and less promotion prospects but it's perfectly do'able.
So have I, although I'm not sure London has missed me.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London

Jesus Christ - you answered your own question.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Especially the London c*nts who will shove, usually smaller female, people off of the inside of carriages to make sure they get on. There's something about London which very much makes people worse than they are. I feel it when landing back from a holiday, and all of a sudden bustling my way through any transport system and queue, huffing with judgemental dismay.
Never seen that happen in 25 years commuting. How are you defining a 'london ****' anyway? Someone who lives in Brighton but works at Guys Hospital perhaps?

Commute every day and see what effect it has on you before passing judgement maybe

Working from home is on a massive increase. Apart from the benefits to the individual in terms of quality of life, the cost savings to the firm are enormous. In my company WFH is pretty much mandatory for most people now at least a day a week, often more. For me the commute is only bearable because I don't have to do it every day. No chance I would go back to a 5 day commute. It's ****ing miserable when there is a problem, so to have twats like this lot creating additional, unnecessary and avoidable delays is beyond irritating

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Don't try to get home from London in peak hours with bloody suitcases. You might find it easier to just sit down, have a cup of tea, and wait until off-peak (after 0930). I have been travelling in London on the tube and trains for the past 26 years, and I have NEVER seen a "London c*nt" shove people off the train to get on.

I have and i travel most days with the London cyclist c*nts. My missus, who is small and female, has had it done to her a few times too. There's a general mercilessness and intensity to this city, in which i've lived for 25 years or so, and it is heightened on the tube and train especially.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here