Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] London commuters appear to attack XR protestor

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Extinction Rebellion co-founder Clare Farrell defended the Tube action and said: "The public, I don't think, realise quite how serious this situation is."

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, she added:

"It is still peaceful, and it is still non-violent."

Looked like the protester on the train roof kicked out first to me......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm enjoying this one.
Good of the 'cameraman' to cut the footage before any assault charges can be bought.

[tweet] 1184733723071275008[/tweet]

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
With all such protests the problem arises when they are highjacked by people who in reality have no interest in what the cause is. Quite simply its just the excuse for a bit of public disorder and a rumble with the police. And of course as people have previously pointed not disrupting public transport is a massive own goal.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Imagine the beating they would have got had they dont it on a busy football weekend

If they climbed on top of a train at South Bermondsey after final whistle when Millwall are playing at home it would be carnage!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Brave choice Canning Town. Just your average, probably fairly low paid workers trying to get to work and put food on the table

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Like most protests / movements / political points, we all fight amongst ourselves whilst the government does nothing.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Silly bugger , he should of done it at Brighton , they'd have fetched him a nice cup of tea and the Daily Mail to read .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Must admit I'd rather be 20 mins late for work than wrestle with some loon on the roof of a train and have an encounter with 750 VDC

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Indeed. The other day I posted in support of their actions in trying to shut down airports, but I'd like to hear the justification for trying to stop electrified public transport from running. Surely they can't be objecting to the fact that not all electricity is generated from renewable sources?

As a former long-suffering train commuter, and until I learn otherwise, my sympathies are currently 100% with the commuters. Nice to see my former fellow-sufferers finally fighting back!

Why would you support them shutting down an airport and not a tube?

Both public transport, both filled with people trying to go about their normal every day lives, most of which are trying to get to work (especially from City Airport).

Genuine question what do these people actually want? I know they say we want the government and big business to start taking action but by doing what? Renewable energy production has overtaken fossil fuels and continues to grow.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Schoolboy error - you don't **** with hardcore commuters.

Especially the London c*nts who will shove, usually smaller female, people off of the inside of carriages to make sure they get on. There's something about London which very much makes people worse than they are. I feel it when landing back from a holiday, and all of a sudden bustling my way through any transport system and queue, huffing with judgemental dismay.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why would you support them shutting down an airport and not a tube?

Both public transport, both filled with people trying to go about their normal every day lives, most of which are trying to get to work (especially from City Airport).

Genuine question what do these people actually want? I know they say we want the government and big business to start taking action but by doing what? Renewable energy production has overtaken fossil fuels and continues to grow.

Blimey, go on, have a guess.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Indeed. The other day I posted in support of their actions in trying to shut down airports, but I'd like to hear the justification for trying to stop electrified public transport from running. Surely they can't be objecting to the fact that not all electricity is generated from renewable sources?

As a former long-suffering train commuter, and until I learn otherwise, my sympathies are currently 100% with the commuters. Nice to see my former fellow-sufferers finally fighting back!

Would you still support them shutting down airports on an occasion where half our team could be abroad on International Duty and unable to return ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
EHEDF2qWkAAbO7V.png

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They went to East London and didn't expect a reaction:D Should've jumped on the top of the Tube at Green Park etc... people are much more tame there

Oh I don't know. There would've been some very serious and very loud tutting at Green Park. It can be vicious.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

They aren’t protesting at electrified public transport, the aim and justification of their protest is to bring as much attention to their cause as possible and in turn to force debate on the subject in government. Their method of doing that is by causing the maximum amount of disruption possible. They’re not trying to stop the underground because it’s environmentally unfriendly.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Especially the London c*nts who will shove, usually smaller female, people off of the inside of carriages to make sure they get on. There's something about London which very much makes people worse than they are. I feel it when landing back from a holiday, and all of a sudden bustling my way through any transport system and queue, huffing with judgemental dismay.

Indeed. I hate it when I have to go to London for a meeting on a commuter train …. they should change the name to a cuntuter train ! They really are a miserable bunch of unfriendly cvnts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here