Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lesser spotted Trossard

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Great news and I'm really looking forward to seeing him play again. BUT, fit to start or not, surely you can't change the starting line-up from the Spurs game after they turned in such a magnificent performance (assuming no injury problems). Got to win your place back when the team played so well. I hope he keeps Connolly and Maupay together up front; GP might have hit upon something with those two and they must be a nightmare for defenders.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Will he come straight back into the starting 11.....

if he does it would have to be Gross who missed out for me.

But I would be suprised if we made any changes to the 11 that beat Spurs.

I think that will be the first time he named an unchanged starting 11

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’d make one change from the Spurs game which is to bring Trossard in for Connolly.

Don’t think it would do any harm to drop Connolly to the bench after the past couple of weeks and a difficult night on Tuesday. Also think having Trossard in the side will give us a little more balance in away games.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Great news and I'm really looking forward to seeing him play again. BUT, fit to start or not, surely you can't change the starting line-up from the Spurs game after they turned in such a magnificent performance (assuming no injury problems). Got to win your place back when the team played so well. I hope he keeps Connolly and Maupay together up front; GP might have hit upon something with those two and they must be a nightmare for defenders.

One thing we’ve all learned about Potter, he rarely fails to surprise with his line ups. Calling it now, I’ll be shocked if he keeps the same 11 that beat Spurs.

You’re completely right, most traditional managers would be ‘same again’. GP very evidently a man who thinks outside the box (and isn’t it refreshing?)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One thing we’ve all learned about Potter, he rarely fails to surprise with his line ups. Calling it now, I’ll be shocked if he keeps the same 11 that beat Spurs.

You’re completely right, most traditional managers would be ‘same again’. GP very evidently a man who thinks outside the box (and isn’t it refreshing?)
I agree that Potter rarely fails to surprise us. I think there are quite a few top managers who like to rotate their players though, even when winning.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I’d make one change from the Spurs game which is to bring Trossard in for Connolly.

Don’t think it would do any harm to drop Connolly to the bench after the past couple of weeks and a difficult night on Tuesday. Also think having Trossard in the side will give us a little more balance in away games.

I think this is exactly the sort of change Potter is likely to make. Connolly has played a lot of football recently, and Potter said they want ensure he has a long career and they need to protect him a bit; and Trossard can play behind Maupay in a slightly different version of the formation we played v Spurs. Connolly on front the bench 2nd half.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think this is exactly the sort of change Potter is likely to make. Connolly has played a lot of football recently, and Potter said they want ensure he has a long career and they need to protect him a bit; and Trossard can play behind Maupay in a slightly different version of the formation we played v Spurs. Connolly on front the bench 2nd half.

People seem to be completely ignoring what Potter said on Thursday. Really does seem a case of bench-at-best, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's not in the squad at all.

“We need to be careful with him, he’s probably not ready to start at the weekend, I think that’s fair to say. We’ll make a decision over this afternoon and tomorrow to whether he’s in the group.”

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
People seem to be completely ignoring what Potter said on Thursday. Really does seem a case of bench-at-best, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's not in the squad at all.

“We need to be careful with him, he’s probably not ready to start at the weekend, I think that’s fair to say. We’ll make a decision over this afternoon and tomorrow to whether he’s in the group.”

Yes, it's hardly cryptic is it?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
For clarity, you're surely saying: Montoya hurt Bernardo's knee in training.

Thank you, yes! Only realised it was bereft of clarity once the edit option had disappeared. Unfortunate accident especially as it turns out the 2 of them are actually good friends off the pitch.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thank you, yes! Only realised it was bereft of clarity once the edit option had disappeared. Unfortunate accident especially as it turns out the 2 of them are actually good friends off the pitch.

Any idea on length of Bernardo’s injury? I feel he’s been unlucky this season as looked class last season at times and would play LWB well. Also anyone know when Izzy is likely to return?!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Any idea on length of Bernardo’s injury? I feel he’s been unlucky this season as looked class last season at times and would play LWB well. Also anyone know when Izzy is likely to return?!

No idea about Bernardo (which doesn't mean that he'll never play again -- that comment is for Icy), but don't expect to see Izquierdo back for a while. He's in training, but it's extremely light. Potter has insisted he's not going to put a date on when he returns. I'd be amazed if we saw him in this calendar year.

He didn't get the service in Tbilisi that he got against Tottenham. You propose dropping him because of that?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He didn't get the service in Tbilisi that he got against Tottenham. You propose dropping him because of that?

No I didn’t say that but you could see how disappointed he was after the game. I just think you’ve got to be careful with these kids and after the couple of weeks he’s had, I don’t think it would be a bad thing to start him on the bench.

Mentally and physically he has given a heck of a lot recently and I think it will be a good thing to just rest him from the start, particularly if we have got other players who can come in.

It is an accepted and sensible way of dealing with youngsters to bring them in and then take them out for a bit and repeat. He is a special talent but only 19 and there’s no point burning him out. And what a player to bring on from the bench.

If Trossard isn’t fully fit, then March or Propper could easily come into the team and we’ll still be ok IMO because of the flexibility we have in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here