Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lesser spotted Trossard

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Once an Albion player has missed 3 matches I resign myself to him being out for months rather than weeks :down:

Never mind “it will be like a new signing” when they eventually return and take another month to get a full game as they get back up to match fitness.

I expect Trossard to feature sometime over the Christmas games, after a couple of setbacks once pronounced fit :wink:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Wasn't he originally supposed to be back after the Newcastle game? Ah well, we've had a tough run with some key injuries and done okay, so let's not rush him back. It can only be a positive when they all start filtering back in again and it's been a great chance for Mooy, Alzate and Connolly to properly stake a claim.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because we did very well against Spurs, who were very poor, is no reason to suggest that we haven't missed him and for my part I shall be glad when he is back, if only to give us more options.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Wasn't he originally supposed to be back after the Newcastle game? Ah well, we've had a tough run with some key injuries and done okay, so let's not rush him back. It can only be a positive when they all start filtering back in again and it's been a great chance for Mooy, Alzate and Connolly to properly stake a claim.

No always been after the international break..... but they have reported he was ‘doing well’ and I’m sure the suggestion was he was ahead of schedule.

Hopefully get good news today

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There, we just needed to wait until reports of the press conference were released, although I do recognise that impatience is an increasingly popular thing these days.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Great news. I know it's been wonderful to see the youngsters get a chance and to see what Maupay and Mooy can really do.
But I still think Trossard has the potential to be the most influential player for us this season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Great news. I know it's been wonderful to see the youngsters get a chance and to see what Maupay and Mooy can really do.
But I still think Trossard has the potential to be the most influential player for us this season.

Or any season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Will he come straight back into the starting 11.....

if he does it would have to be Gross who missed out for me.

But I would be suprised if we made any changes to the 11 that beat Spurs.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The phrase "he's been training with us" is ambiguous though isn't it. You can be training with the first team and not be fit to play.

I'm sure this is all aimed at Dean Smith anyway. Potter has a lot to gain from not telling Smith that Trossard will play

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I wouldn't be. The keep the shirt policy is dead in a ditch (to quote our glorious PM). Villa away is similarly difficult to Spurs at home but it's a different type of opponent (to quote our actually glorious former manager) so I think there is likely to be a different team in probably a different formation. Remember, Propper and March, who were in the team before injury are back as well.

Having said that, I think the most likely scenario is Trossard starts on the bench
Second most likely is that Connolly makes way for him.

Either way, Potter is having to make some crazy harsh selection decisions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good that Trossard is in contention and that March and Propper are back, however what is Bernardo's injury? I seem to have missed what he problem is.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

No.

Potter also revealed winger Leandro Trossard has returned to training following a groin problem and could be involved at Villa Park.

The Belgian, signed from Genk in the summer, has not featured since the 4-0 defeat at Manchester City on August 31st.

“We need to be careful with him, he’s probably not ready to start at the weekend, I think that’s fair to say,” said Potter.

“We’ll make a decision over this afternoon and tomorrow to whether he’s in the group.”​

Northern_Gull

Mar 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I'd like to see him back in the team as soon as he's fit, but I don't know who I'd drop, Gross I think is the most obvious answer but I think the link up play is excellent between those two, however after Maupay and Connolly's performance against spurs I would't want to drop either of them.

Good job I don't have to make that decision tho!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Gross isn’t just our most creative player, he’s one of the league’s most creative players.....and he looks back to his best.

Potter has one heck of a selection dilemma (despite all the bedwetting about letting the DJ and the Loony go). March, Bernardo, Trossard and Propper all at or close to back in contention..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here