Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion make ticket price promise as Amex goes cashless

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can't be bothered to register for free trial to read it but can get the gist from the preview. Curious if they have pledged to keep ticket prices down for a specified amount of time??

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can't be bothered to register for free trial to read it but can get the gist from the preview. Curious if they have pledged to keep ticket prices down for a specified amount of time??
They promised not to make massive price jumps! Suspect the (open to interpretation) word there is 'massive'.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They promised not to make massive price jumps! Suspect the (open to interpretation) word there is 'massive'.

Indeed that wording gives them a fair amount of leeway!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Think they mean "Sheff Wed" sized price hikes!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It would be interesting how Barber classifies 'massive'. I suspect that when he gives a member of staff a payrise, 5% is massive. When he puts 10% on food and drink, it probably isn't massive. All about context.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It would be interesting how Barber classifies 'massive'. I suspect that when he gives a member of staff a payrise, 5% is massive. When he puts 10% on food and drink, it probably isn't massive. All about context.

Not at all fussed about food and drink price increases. Don't give a shit if they raised those prices by 50%. Might actually stop people filling their fat faces with totally unnecessary pies, pizza etc. for the two or three hours they're in the ground. Might even thin out the always stupidly long catering queues also.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not at all fussed about food and drink price increases. Don't give a shit if they raised those prices by 50%. Might actually stop people filling their fat faces with totally unnecessary pies, pizza etc. for the two or three hours they're in the ground. Might even thin out the always stupidly long catering queues also.

Is someone on a diet and getting all grumpy?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Nowadays catering queues are only long about 30mins before KO and at Half Time. At all other times I don't experience any queues. Quite nice to get to the ground early, or stay after and have a chat over a reasonably priced pint.

All you will do is transfer all the queues to the trains as people a) won't arrive to the ground early as much, or b) won't stay after. Great plan. :hilton:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is someone on a diet and getting all grumpy?

Not at all. What I see in my part of the North is a lot of young kids, many of them already on the way to being, er, big-boned, constantly trooping up and down the walkways with Amex junk food. For sure it's only a microcosm of the general junk food epidemic, but still not a good thing to see.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

And what % doesn't he consider massive when he gives himself a payrise?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

The Jalfrezi pie is most certainly not unnecessary

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So, take away that revenue stream and they'll add it on somewhere else, maybe beer prices or seat prices, would you prefer that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not at all. What I see in my part of the North is a lot of young kids, many of them already on the way to being, er, big-boned, constantly trooping up and down the walkways with Amex junk food. For sure it's only a microcosm of the general junk food epidemic, but still not a good thing to see.
A potential 19 times a season.

Just be grateful you're not in the ESL.

- Pizza
- KFC (ish) chicken.
- Sweet shop.
- Popcorn
- Slush Puppy

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

If they are constantly trooping up and down the walkways, they are burning off the calories in the junk food. Maybe?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So, take away that revenue stream and they'll add it on somewhere else, maybe beer prices or seat prices, would you prefer that?

Revenue stream from catering is a drop in the ocean in PL revenue stream terms, such is the obscene amount of money sloshing around.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As a once or twice a year visitor,I am not aware of cashless payments at the Amex. Would I need a prepaid card from the club or would my credit / debit card be OK?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As a once or twice a year visitor,I am not aware of cashless payments at the Amex. Would I need a prepaid card from the club or would my credit / debit card be OK?

Regular debit/credit card. Not all food outlets are cashless yet but they will be eventually.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here