Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Paul Gascoigne kissing trial

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
All rather sad and where are all the hangers on now? His actions were terribly misguided and borne of a man with obvious mental and alcoholic issues. Sadly, I do think it's all going to end in tragedy sooner rather than later.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Oh alright, he's a drunken sexual assaultist.

Oh well that's alright then....

Accused someone publicly of rape knowing it to be untrue.

Think i'll just shrug that off and hope nobody dwells on it

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
All rather sad and where are all the hangers on now? His actions were terribly misguided and borne of a man with obvious mental and alcoholic issues. Sadly, I do think it's all going to end in tragedy sooner rather than later.

Yup, the hangers on have a lot to answer for

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would bet money on him getting a not guilty.

Does seem a bit of a non story

Tend to agree. Its quite incredible what gets taken to court at times. But he might not get away with it if this is anything to go by.

This 19 year old has been convicted of sexual assault for touching someone on the arm in the street. "I think it would have been on my breast had I not moved"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/student-who-searched-how-make-20555360

So the guy was found guilty for what she thought he MIGHT have done. Unreal.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tend to agree. Its quite incredible what gets taken to court at times.

This 19 year old has been convicted of sexual assault for touching someone on the arm in the street. "I think it would have been on my breast had I not moved"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/student-who-searched-how-make-20555360

So the guy was found guilty for what she thought he MIGHT have done. Unreal.

Opened link and once Pc had got over a massive advert inducing hissy fit . . .. the picture of the suspect is indeed massively SUSPECT.

JESUS CHRIST- look at him

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
This is what snoop dogg thinks of gazza!
15DFCC66-ED0E-456F-92D0-F961154940E4.jpeg15DFCC66-ED0E-456F-92D0-F961154940E4.jpeg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"I know what it's about, I kissed a fat lass."

gazza.jpg

"You don't sweat much for a fat lass."

sidthesexist.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Paul Gascoigne has Bi-Polar Affective Disorder, with a concurrent serious alcohol problem that exacerbates the symptoms, as well as OCD.

It's frankly amazing he achieved what he actually did in football, as like a lot of Bi-Polar sufferers, he wasn't diagnosed well into adulthood at the tail end of his career. He is vulnerable and it's no surprise in his life hangers on latched onto him and played on that, his natural generosity and the fact underneath it all, there's a heart of gold in him trying to shine through.

I'm not wishing to condone some of the things he's done, but in the aftermath of each of the plethora of mistakes he's made (and bad judgement and irrational behaviour are sadly symptoms of Bi-Polar) there'll be nobody more emotionally mortified at what's happened and what he did than himself due to the emotional intensity the condition causes.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Gazza was probably my first childhood idol, and one of the reasons I became so transfixed with football in the first place. I loved Paul Gascoigne the footballer and Gazza the character. There are some stories in his autobiography that are absolutely hilarious.

However, the man is now very clearly an absolute train wreck; ill both mentally and physically. Many of us will have done things whilst drunk - albeit not necessarily sexually assaulting anyone in the process (even if this is towards the lesser end of offences under that banner). When you spend 90% of your waking existence absolutely shítfaced, coupled with mental illness, misdemeanours are inevitable.

Can I defend him? No. Do I feel sorry for him? A little - his issues are incredibly deep rooted and to an extent society stitched him up like a kipper. But my sympathy is wearing thin. If he hadn’t been such a great entertainer earlier in his life then I don’t think anyone would consider him anything other than a nasty, unsavoury character.

Pretty much this. My all time favourite footballer.

I can't help but feel terribly sad when I look at how he's turned out. A man with serious demons and issues and seemingly no impulse control. He should be a national treasure but instead he's a car crash. Woefully ill equipped for the fame he had and mentally unable to help himself. It's a bad combination.

I wish so much that his is a story that ends happily but I fear it's not going to get anywhere near that.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
He was doing really well in the 12-18 months before he moved up to Leicester, generally sober and believe it or not a pleasure to chat to even if his language was generally appalling. He is also too generous for his own good, especially as he obviously doesn’t earn a fraction of what he used to.

I’m not excusing his behaviour at all, I posted this to show that he’s not the complete train wreck most consider him on this thread.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember the hangers on when he was at his peak and he seemed incapable of realising what they were. Never the sharpest pencil in the box but I got the impression that he couldn’t cope with fame, it seems he struggles to even cope with life these days.

Rightly or wrongly I feel sorry for him and wonder if this would even have come to court if he wasn’t Paul Gascoigne. Not defending what he did but it seems to have been blown out of proportion because of who he is.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Opened link and once Pc had got over a massive advert inducing hissy fit . . .. the picture of the suspect is indeed massively SUSPECT.

JESUS CHRIST- look at him

To me he looks like an awkward, rather gauche and unworldly young man, who did a daft thing, but not one that warrants being found guilty of two cases of sexual assault and being placed on the sex offenders register. His life may well be ruined, or at the very least, seriously affected and whilst not condoning what he did, that seems an extremely high price to pay.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At least he didn't turn up at court with a fishing rod and Connect 4.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
With Paul Scholes, the two best English footballers I have seen in my 40 odd years watching the game.

He was the main reason we got as far as we did in Italia 90 and was unplayable at his best.

Similar in a lot of ways to George Best, just didn't get the support he needed at the time he most needed it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With Paul Scholes, the two best English footballers I have seen in my 40 odd years watching the game.

He was the main reason we got as far as we did in Italia 90 and was unplayable at his best.

Similar in a lot of ways to George Best, just didn't get the support he needed at the time he most needed it.

How do you give support to someone who doesn’t realise they need it and when do you think he most needed it? He was surrounded by hangers on through his heyday too so those were the people he’d be listening to I imagine. I remember thinking what a bunch of shit heads they were at the time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Would bet money on him getting a not guilty.

Does seem a bit of a non story

I wouldn’t.he can add it to his other convictions.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013

Its a bit like George Best. When he was pressed by an interviewer" do you really want to give up drink" his honest answer was "No"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here