Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bulgaria v England (7:45 ITV)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Nail on head.

When Wilfried Zaha wanted out at Palace in the summer, did the fans turn on him, call him a mercenary and boo constantly because of his actions? No. They kept cheering him, singing his name and he has now put all that behind him and playing excellent football again to repay them.

No idea of the relevance. If he'd left it may have been more interesting. Throat slitting gestures etc have featured prominently before of course.

Anyway, back on topic, it's the Palace always ultras that associate themselves with such pieces of shit. No one else, it is them. If they didn't realise then perhaps they could stop acting like pricks and do some good to show that not all black clad face hiding neanderthals are scum. Worth a try.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Reclaiming or assimilating the uniform of facists and making a statement of 'good' is one thing, eg skinheads being adopted by others with very different behaviours.

Adopting a uniform for purposes of association because you think it makes you tough and edgy and because you think that's what being a football fan means, is entirely different.

100% the always ultras dress and act like they do because they think the right wing racist uniform is cool and tough. It might not make them facists but it does make them *****

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I didn't agree with you, but you've talked me round. That way of dressing has associations with fascism. It's a symbol and symbols matter.

I won't use it as a stick to beat Palace with, because until yesterday many wouldn't have made the connection, maybe just seen it as being passionate supporters. But this week has changed everything. If there's 100s of Palace dressed like that going forward, they will deserve the dump truck of criticism that comes their way

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Far right groups ? You haven’t a clue mate .

Oh go on then. Do tell me who they model themselves on. I'm genuinely interested to hear as it seems pretty obvious to me and it isn't very pleasant. They might not be facists, they might just be very young and very stupid and whilst that may be an excuse to them it should not be for those that excuse, accept and support such messages.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Oh go on then. Do tell me who they model themselves on. I'm genuinely interested to hear as it seems pretty obvious to me and it isn't very pleasant. They might not be facists, they might just be very young and very stupid and whilst that may be an excuse to them it should not be for those that excuse, accept and support such messages.

se20 and horses arse. No need for this to be Brighton v palace.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Many teams have an 'ultras' set. Not all are linked to extremist attitudes.

I'm sure that if Crystal Palace weren't our rivals this wouldn't have been brought up. It's a cheap and embarrassing shot.

The Palace fans don't make Nazi signs and do funky gibbon impressions when a black opposition player has the ball.

It's like saying that because fascists often have skinheads then no-one else is allowed to.

My post wasnt meant to suggest that the HF are in the least bit racist, far from it.
Aplogies if anybody thought it was.
Its just the "Ultra" style of dress code with the hoodies and face scarfs doesnt do them any favours when you look at those racist thugs last night.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"The president of the Bulgaria Football Union, Borislav Mihailov, has resigned.

It follows Bulgaria Prime Minister Boyko Borissov calling for him to quit earlier on Tuesday after the racist abuse of England players by home fans in Sofia.

The BFU said the move "is a consequence of the recent tensions" but did not mention racism in their statement."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50054475

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

It follows Bulgaria Prime Minister Boyko Borissov calling for him to quit earlier on Tuesday after the racist abuse of England players by home fans in Sofia.

The BFU said the move "is a consequence of the recent tensions" but did not mention racism in their statement."

I'm thinking the Bulgaria PM views this as he would if he were sacrificing a pawn in a game of chess.

It had to happen but meaningless if everything goes back to business as usual

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think I misread [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] 's comment. Apologies. Looking again, I think he meant that British racist thugs wouldnt be upset by the actions of Bulgarian racists.

I did.

Cheers.

I can’t see them seeking out Bulgarians in this country to attack in revenge. (Which was a fear or another poster).

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
To be fair (to me) my post wasn't a reply to him. And I have justified my partizan comment elsewhere. And I don't take lectures from Palace fans on NSC. That's just wrong.

Don’t be so bloody precious Harry, I won’t take lectures from a Palace fan on MY forum :D
As it happens, I wasn’t lecturing you or anyone, I just pointed out the obvious to some ignorant posters.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don’t be so bloody precious Harry, I won’t take lectures from a Palace fan on MY forum :D
As it happens, I wasn’t lecturing you or anyone, I just pointed out the obvious to some ignorant posters.

You wanna be careful he'll put you on ignore :D

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Bulgarian FA has been raided by anti corruption police this afternoon.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Four Bulgarian fans have been arrested.

"Work is still ongoing to identify others," a statement from Bulgaria's Ministry of the Interior said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50066016

6 now

The Bulgarian PM has noticed what a colossal PR disaster this is for his country and directly intervened. Horses and stable doors and all that, but it's better than nothing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not such Clevor Trevers now eh?

2000.jpg

Racist mugs :tosser:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

The irony here is that Fifa's own rules forbid government interference in the running of football associations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here