Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace / Brighton trouble

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In Bulgaria for the England game and just seen Brighton / palace trouble. One lad covered in blood after falling into glass / being bottled. Not sure who he was

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
In Bulgaria for the England game and just seen Brighton / palace trouble. One lad covered in blood after falling into glass / being bottled. Not sure who he was

Pathetic and worrying if true. We’re currently sitting on the main pedestrian street in Sofia with fans from all over the country, all getting along just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Muppets. And I hope the lad who was bottled, even if an idiot, is okay whoever he supports.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pathetic and worrying if true. We’re currently sitting on the main pedestrian street in Sofia with fans from all over the country, all getting along just fine.

It was up the end of there, we’ve moved round to General Yosif road now - much quieter. Was a lot of Newcastle / Sunderland trouble yesterday evening too

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So sad, everyone is there to support the country of their birth. Club loyalties really shouldn't come in to play on occasions like this.

This

Even outside of that, I would be disappointed with any Brighton fan bottling a Palace fan under any circumstances to be honest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So sad, everyone is there to support the country of their birth. Club loyalties really shouldn't come in to play on occasions like this.

Youth of today don’t give a shit unfortunately... there’s a video of a Forest fan trying to set fire to a derby flag last night ! Setting fire to a at George’s cross :dunce:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Appalling to have to say this and I feel for those who are attend away games and don't act like knobs but I think given the frequency of incidents, England shouldn't be getting tickets for away matches.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Appalling to have to say this and I feel for those who are attend away games and don't act like knobs but I think given the frequency of incidents, England shouldn't be getting tickets for away matches.

But what if the people causing trouble don’t have tickets?

To get tickets for games you can’t have a criminal record or even a warning for anything football, drink, violence etc related. Many of those causing trouble in Amsterdam, Portugal etc were just trouble makers not part of the FA travel club.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

To get tickets for games you can’t have a criminal record or even a warning for anything football, drink, violence etc related. Many of those causing trouble in Amsterdam, Portugal etc were just trouble makers not part of the FA travel club.

Seems a pretty minor inconvenience compared to having the right to live and work taken away from you :shrug:

(sorry!)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
BBC news is reporting that an England fan in Sofia has died. No further details as yet.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A Bulgarian football writer has just tweeted:

More on the death case: it's been CONFIRMED the man was in fact an England fan (around 30 years of age) who was visiting Sofia for tonight's qualifier. This morning he was feeling sick, an ambulance took him to a hospital, where he died. He had allegedly taken some drugs

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m so looking forward to this game, so much to analyse eg when will the racist chants begin that have no way been stoked up by players ahead of? When will they walk off? What time will the first England fans be stabbed? So many questions...oh, and is there a football match going on too?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was up the end of there, we’ve moved round to General Yosif road now - much quieter. Was a lot of Newcastle / Sunderland trouble yesterday evening too

Any horses punched?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m so looking forward to this game, so much to analyse eg when will the racist chants begin that have no way been stoked up by players ahead of? When will they walk off? What time will the first England fans be stabbed? So many questions...oh, and is there a football match going on too?

Do you not think racism is a problem in Bulgaria ?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Massive over reaction, in my (admittedly biased) opinion. Tens of thousands of us travel regularly following England, with no grief whatsoever. From what I’ve heard, a Palace fan slipped and fell onto some broken glass after a minor scuffle. Sort of thing that happens regularly in any British city on a weekly basis. Even the smallest incident at an England trip gets reported as if WW3 has broken out. I’m all too aware that there are lots of idiots travelling with England, but we mustn’t overreact. I wonder how people would feel if Brighton had a Millwall type reputation? Should we all be banned from going to away games? Anyway, I’m off to the game after a very enjoyable and trouble free afternoon in Sofia (much as we did n Prague).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

If there's no away tickets there's no reason to travel at all. A 22 year old English fan has just died with talk of drugs and him acting aggressively. We just need to acknowledge we have a problem. The best way is to voluntarily waive our rights to away tickets for a year or two

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here