Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The UK to become the greatest place on earth to live.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
hell on earth .....dog shit , darkness , living dead ....pissed idiots everywhere , ugly , fat people pissing in doorways , drug fuct idiots wrecking the joint , decent folk staying indoors to avoid the loonies.......yeah ...best place in the ****ing world.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My Mum is 89 years old, she has voted in every election she has been able to.
She gave up her driving license 15 years , cos she no longer felt she was a safe driver. Her passport ran out 5 years ago, she will never leave this country again, therefore she has no need to pay 95 quid for a new one.

The Government are stealing her vote. She feels more strongly about this, than the Tories stealing her free TV license.
How is her vote being stolen?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Scotland will be granted automatic qualification to any future major football tournament, and will also be be granted a bye from any group stages
... and their opponents are not allowed a goalie, or to intercept any goal-bound shot. I can see them reaching the semis.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
hell on earth .....dog shit , darkness , living dead ....pissed idiots everywhere , ugly , fat people pissing in doorways , drug fuct idiots wrecking the joint , decent folk staying indoors to avoid the loonies.......yeah ...best place in the ****ing world.
For a moment there I thought you were referring to Croydon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The UK to become the greatest place on earth to live.

As far as I'm concerned it already is. Of course, there's always some twunts trying to spoil it - but they haven't succeeded yet.

The fact that thousands of people are prepared to trek hundreds of miles, spend thousands of pounds and risk their lives and their children's lives just for the slim chance of getting here suggests it is not nearly as bad as some miserable so-and-sos on here think!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The UK to become the greatest place on earth to live.

As far as I'm concerned it already is. Of course, there's always some twunts trying to spoil it - but they haven't succeeded yet.

The fact that thousands of people are prepared to trek hundreds of miles, spend thousands of pounds and risk their lives and their children's lives just for the slim chance of getting here suggests it is not nearly as bad as some miserable so-and-sos on here think!

Don’t worry, [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION], if we leave the EU, our earthly paradise will soon become a third world basket case, and no one, including those already here will want to stay.:whistle:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well that's Johnson's aim according to reports so what needs to happen to achieve this.

Zero litter
Zero graffiti
All trains run on time
Zero crime
All politicians actually fully answer the question posed to them

It only rains when I'm indoors
Weeds are a thing of the past
Queues don't exist
We finally appoint a manager who leaves players up field when defending corners...

Others?

Nobody wants or takes illegal drugs

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Especially Hastings Old Town, Sunday lunchtimes but I'm sure this will change when we all get to bask in the sunny uplands of Boris's Brexit Britain .. :cheery:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The latest Tory proposal requiring those that are voting to bring photo ID with them!
Ah, OK, cheers. Didn't know that.

Difficult problem to solve. Well, two divergent problems really. On the one hand, they do need to stop people multiple voting, using other people's votes etc.- it appears to be a growing problem. On the other hand, they need to protect the privacy of the private citizen - there are already things that we cannot do without picture ID - sell a car to a dealer, or scrap one, for a start - and they'll want to photocopy your ID too (they claim it's to stop money-laundering! :facepalm:.)
The government should be clamping down on private firms demanding to see picture ID for no good reason.

They could, of course, improve the situation by specifying what ID must be accepted as identity - for youngsters it could be that 18+ they carry to buy drinkies; for oldies who don't have passports or driving licences they could insist that bus passes can be accepted as photo ID.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don’t worry, [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION], if we leave the EU, our earthly paradise will soon become a third world basket case, and no one, including those already here will want to stay.:whistle:

Be careful - I didn't specify which twunts I'm talking about trying to spoil the country! :lolol:

....and as for those who don't want to stay - let's say that's everyone who swore blind they'd emigrate if Britain voted leave - if they all kept their promise and went it would go a long way towards solving the housing crisis and the NHS wouldn't need much of that extra £3590M a week, eh? :wink:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Difficult problem to solve. Well, two divergent problems really. On the one hand, they do need to stop people multiple voting, using other people's votes etc.- it appears to be a growing problem. On the other hand, they need to protect the privacy of the private citizen - there are already things that we cannot do without picture ID - sell a car to a dealer, or scrap one, for a start - and they'll want to photocopy your ID too (they claim it's to stop money-laundering! :facepalm:.)
The government should be clamping down on private firms demanding to see picture ID for no good reason.

They could, of course, improve the situation by specifying what ID must be accepted as identity - for youngsters it could be that 18+ they carry to buy drinkies; for oldies who don't have passports or driving licences they could insist that bus passes can be accepted as photo ID.

So if you still have a green driving licence you can't sell a car?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Respect is due. I hope I still think as clearly at that age

Do you get my point though. If we're averaging out the demographics, most that age vote tory. I doubt they would do anything to stop the elderly voting, so it's more likely to be a practical rather than a party political matter

I think you're wrong. The older the voter the less likely they are to vote Tory. It's the Boomers who are the Boris enablers.

The NHS makes this one the best countries in the world so major investment and fully staffed would be my priority.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bus passes don't have the owners address on them. I had this problem when my Dad died. He had a small amount in a TSB account, but my 85 yr old StepMum didn't have a driving licence or passport. We took her birth certificate, marriage certificate, Dad's birth & death certificates, but the bank wouldn't budge.
I told them to stick the money. Luckily it was only £17 odd.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So if you still have a green driving licence you can't sell a car?
You're OK with a passport, or selling privately. I tried to sell my car to a well known national company, and after agreeing a price and all the rest, armed with vehicle log book and proof of address - and a green licence - they wouldn't buy it. The manager got through to their head office to ask if they could do it, or accept the photo on my bus pass. No dice. Potential money-laundering!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can we introduce Jess Phillips in at some point if she isn't knifing someone in the front and the back?

Well done Jess Philips ! She's obviously on to something.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I mentioned this to some linguist friends and they were all like, "you can't stop language from evolving".

As a lad I would say "it's a living language" as my parents picked me up on using wicked to mean good or some such, and my Mum would say, "Yes, and you're killing it". I should have said thank's for the compliment, I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here