Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Black woman shot inside her own house in Texas

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Reports of a young black woman shot inside her own house and killed in Texas as police went round to do a welfare check ! The policeman didn’t identify himself , asked her to put her hands up then 3 seconds later shot her through the window. She was not holding a weapon.

Unbelievable that police in America can literally murder someone like that for no reason. Shocking .

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Reports of a young black woman shot inside her own house and killed in Texas as police went round to do a welfare check ! The policeman didn’t identify himself , asked her to put her hands up then 3 seconds later shot her through the window. She was not holding a weapon.

Unbelievable that police in America can literally murder someone like that for no reason. Shocking .

Read that earlier, unbelievable, the neighbour calls the police because he wants them to check everything thing is ok with his neighbour because he is worried about her, not because she has done anything wrong but because the door was left open and that is unusual and the police go round shot her. There is something completely screwed up about that country.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Read that earlier, unbelievable, the neighbour calls the police because he wants them to check everything thing is ok with his neighbour because he is worried about her, not because she has done anything wrong but because the door was left open and that is unusual and the police go round shot her. There is something completely screwed up about that country.

They don’t even bother with other options let alone last resort etc land of the free indeed

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not that I'm advocating guns being legal but with incidents like this, you can understand why they're so petrified of each other to the extent of buying a gun.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thoughts and prayers. And....next!

As some of the numpties on here would say (and there are only a few, two I could name, one loony since banned, and I have them on ignore) if she had been armed she would have been alive now.

FFS.

But... I have the OP on ignore so I expect a sting in the tail. Was she...a muslim? ???

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Jesus. How many unarmed black people, even in their own homes, are going to get shot before the US giverment does something about it? And thats just the murders, not even talking about the beatings and other things perpetuated by the US Police. Sometimes physical restraint is justified, but nt to the degree it happens.

It really is stuff like this that divides the nation over there. If you wanted to create racial hatred and strife, then this is the way to do it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jesus. How many unarmed black people, even in their own homes, are going to get shot before the US giverment does something about it? And thats just the murders, not even talking about the beatings and other things perpetuated by the US Police. Sometimes physical restraint is justified, but nt to the degree it happens.

It really is stuff like this that divides the nation over there. If you wanted to create racial hatred and strife, then this is the way to do it.

Indeed.

Another appalling Police murder is mentioned in one of the links above. A Police officer mistakenly went into the wrong apartment (thinking it was theirs), they murdered the black resident sitting on the sofa because they thought he was an intruder.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....19/oct/09/amber-guyger-jail-black-forgiveness

Almost impossible to believe.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I watched 13th tonight. Compelling, shocking, depressing and terrifying viewing. The US is proper ****ed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How many unarmed black people, even in their own homes, are going to get shot before the US giverment does something about it?
How many black people live in the US. Add 1 to that, and you have your answer.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Being black in the USA is definitely hazardous to your health.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

As some of the numpties on here would say (and there are only a few, two I could name, one loony since banned, and I have them on ignore) if she had been armed she would have been alive now.

FFS.

But... I have the OP on ignore so I expect a sting in the tail. Was she...a muslim? ???

Your not helping yourself.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

FFS.

Jesus- Harry Wilson - there’s no sting in the tail as you say, it’s just a shocking news item I saw.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There are two problems here. The proliferation of guns and the proliferation of prejudice

So the police all have guns. I understand this, as just about everyone else does, so they can’t really not have them. But this means that a small mistake in judgement, (which they probably made because of their underlying prejudice) for example that they are under threat, results in another death.

This means that these communities are understandably hostile to the police, much less likely to join their ranks and much more likely to act in a defensive way and to take the advice of many and buy a gun to keep themselves safe.

This love of guns and the racial prejudices are cultural norms are so deep rooted that it almost seems impossible that this cycle won’t just continue forever.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Indeed.

Another appalling Police murder is mentioned in one of the links above. A Police officer mistakenly went into the wrong apartment (thinking it was theirs), they murdered the black resident sitting on the sofa because they thought he was an intruder.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....19/oct/09/amber-guyger-jail-black-forgiveness

Almost impossible to believe.

At least she has been given 10 years in prison. This scumbag will be given a pat on the back for bravery no doubt. Police disgust me. Everywhere. So very few of them are good eggs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here