Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lone fans

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
With me living oop north (Ormskirk in Lancs), it's a bit bereft of Albion fans and I end up tending to go to the away games up here on my own apart from Anfield and Goodison when I go with an an Evertonian and a red respectively.

Any more lone fans out there?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
apart from Anfield and Goodison when I go with an an Evertonian and a red respectively.
So you watch us play Liverpool with an Everton fan, and watch us play Everton with a Liverpool fan? Well at least your both cheering on the same side.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My cousin lives in Ormskirk, from Brighton but sadly no interest in football. Which is a shame as I am hoping she will be able to find me some tickets for Liverpool Villa for my boy when we come over next year.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I thought I was alone in Leigh on Sea. Turns out I’m not.

I was certainly alone on the train back to here from Liverpool St. with a lot of depressed Spurs fans the other day.

Thought it best to hold my counsel on that occasion as I have after similar occasions vs. West Ham.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Usually alone going to games as there's nobody who supports a #teamlikebrighton around these parts , actually will have some company next saturday as the 2 coach chugger from aberystwyth will be full of local to me ,Villa fans who along with Wolves fans are a plenty here , my Brighton mates have all forgotten about me now and not one of them have ever offered to pick me up for a home game :tosser::tosser::tosser: :D

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
With me living oop north (Ormskirk in Lancs), it's a bit bereft of Albion fans and I end up tending to go to the away games up here on my own apart from Anfield and Goodison when I go with an an Evertonian and a red respectively.

Do you go to any Rangers games tonto ???

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
:bigwave: Often travel on my own to away games from Manchester, and then meet family or friends at the ground/in the pub beforehand. Was with my sister at Newcastle, meeting my Dad at Villa next Saturday. Lonely train rides though!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Crewe is a bit short of Brighton fans at the moment to be honest...:albion2:

Know 3 in Sandbach, and their previous house outside Crewe was called Goldstone!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Think of yourself like a Jesuit missionary of old, you’re in a far away heathen land preaching the gospel of auld Albion to convert natives to our cause. When living in Manchester many years ago, pre internet and mobile phones too, I was the same and ended up forming a little community of exiles who I enjoyed some pretty drunken escapades with around those Northern Mill Towns when Brighton rolled into ‘em. We picked up lots of lone stragglers like you on trains, cause in those days of course there was nothing remotely glamorous about following Albion and plenty people like me were alone and far from home. So seeing a fellow Brighton fan and getting to exchange news and chat about the Albion was a bit Dr Livingstone I presume and so we’d end up chatting and had a common bond immediately, friendships blossomed from there really as we’d then stand on terraces together etc (there was always plenty of room!), go for a beer after. We became a sort of a northern blue & white dirty dozen, a crack unit of misfits meeting at Piccadilly or Victoria around 10-11am depending on fixture and catching train to Rotherham, Rochdale, Blackpool etc. With cheap Kestral or Fosters lager for breakfast obviously. Halcyon Days!!

el punal

I thought I was alone in Leigh on Sea. Turns out I’m not.

I was certainly alone on the train back to here from Liverpool St. with a lot of depressed Spurs fans the other day.

Thought it best to hold my counsel on that occasion as I have after similar occasions vs. West Ham.

It must be difficult to gloat quietly - enjoyable none the less. :D

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
My cousin lives in Ormskirk, from Brighton but sadly no interest in football. Which is a shame as I am hoping she will be able to find me some tickets for Liverpool Villa for my boy when we come over next year.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I didn’t know that there was a team called Liverpool Villa.
What league are they in?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I quite often go away alone to northern games. It seemed like we had loads of mid-week northern aways during our Championship days, when I’d usually leave straight from work. I quite enjoy the independence, particularly as I’m a decent runner and could usually leave on the final whistle and get ahead of the crowd to get out of the car park nice and quick.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I quite often go away alone to northern games. It seemed like we had loads of mid-week northern aways during our Championship days, when I’d usually leave straight from work. I quite enjoy the independence, particularly as I’m a decent runner and could usually leave on the final whistle and get ahead of the crowd to get out of the car park nice and quick.

I also like the independence of going solo. The Championship days were great for midweek away games in the NW. Lots of regular friendly faces in the away end. Having said that I do wonder if the time has come for a NW based supporters group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here