Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bless them.

See people scousers can be funny.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clearly a real talent. We should get him back this season if we can. He's surely ready for the first team.

If Liverpool actually want him, it would be very difficult to keep him here.
I'd imagine it would simple to keep him.

The 21-year-old’s contract will run until June 2022, and following previous loan spells at Newport County and Peterborough United, White will now head to Elland Road to test himself in the Championship.

Nobody at the club would even pick up the phone, for a £20m offer.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'd imagine it would simple to keep him.

The 21-year-old’s contract will run until June 2022, and following previous loan spells at Newport County and Peterborough United, White will now head to Elland Road to test himself in the Championship.

Nobody at the club would even pick up the phone, for a £20m offer.

£20m for Balogun wouldn't be too bad though.

D

Deleted member 2719

Can't see it too early for him to go to a top 6 side.

Stay with us, Ben, we are on our way...................

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Clearly a real talent. We should get him back this season if we can. He's surely ready for the first team.

If Liverpool actually want him, it would be very difficult to keep him here.

By the same token, if Liverpool actually want him they’ll be willing to pay a lot more than 20 mill

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
By the same token, if Liverpool actually want him they’ll be willing to pay a lot more than 20 mill
Transfer rumours and the money therein really does bring out the 'small club mentality' that still exists in within our fanbase.

Old habits die hard.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
A back three of Dunk, Webster and White could be the future.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Transfer rumours and the money therein really does bring out the 'small club mentality' that still exists in within our fanbase.

Old habits die hard.

But liverpool are a champions league winning side who like it or not are above our level. If they really want the player they will probably get him unless we hold out for silly money. That isn't a small club mentality, it's realistic. The only question is how much would they be willing to pay for a championship player. My guess is bidding starts at £20 million ( the price we paid for Webster?) but ends closer to the the £50m Man U paid for Wan Bissaka.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
But liverpool are a champions league winning side who like it or not are above our level. If they really want the player they will probably get him unless we hold out for silly money. That isn't a small club mentality, it's realistic. The only question is how much would they be willing to pay for a championship player. My guess is bidding starts at £20 million ( the price we paid for Webster?) but ends closer to the the £50m Man U paid for Wan Bissaka.

White is currently worth about £20m judging by Webster. A year of excelling in the PL, he’s worth £50m. Not even the top 6 clubs are stupid enough to bid that high for someone who hasn’t kicked a ball at this level.

Old habits die hard.
Yeah but that £900,000 we got for Lawro was an absolute fortune, considering the previous highest sale was about £250,000. Wasn't beaten until the sale of Bobby Z, I believe. In hindsight, they really got him for a song and I think they'd be repeating this if they got White for a 'mere' £20 million.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My point is (and you seem to be saying the same) even talking about 'only' £20m for a 21 year old with 4 years left on his contract and an obvious clear pathway to regular first team Premier League football, is still small club mentality.

It would seem this is a conversation we may have to get used too, Alzate being next child-man up.

I'll try an simplify my take, as I keep being misunderstood.

Football transfers fees are stupid.
Football valuations are stupider still.
Valuing a 'kid' who's hardly kicked a ball is the stupidest of all.

But it's still going to happen.

Now Lil old Brighton are one of the world's richest clubs, for these stupid conversations to have any validity I believe you might as well enter the conversation going head-wobbling high.

I guarantee the eventual head wobble price will be a hell of a lot nearer the price paid, than those scratching their chin's plucking a Withdean/Championship figure, out of the air.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
20m for a player who hasn’t kicked a ball for you. How does that work?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What possible reason would we have to sell him at this point? He is being groomed to play in our first team next season. We can get serious money for Duffy or even Dunk who are much further into their careers than White who has huge potential, bring White into our side who may well be an even better player and if necessary sell him after a couple of seasons for serious money if he's the real deal. White will play if he stays with us at Liverpool he'll go on loan again. Bad move for the club, bad move for the player...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
£20m is what we paid for Webster and most of us were feeling that was too much for a player who hasn't played in the Premier League. White maybe a fantastic prospect but anymore than £20m would be superb work from the club especially considering the ages of Dunk, Webster, Burn & Duffy the oldest is 27

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here