Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool target Ben White for £20m

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Is that Brighton's Ben White, he (they) are talking about?
I can't really tell from that piece.

Don’t know, but you probably have the same feeling as Portsmouth fans have over Matt Clarke, when he turned in some good performances for Derby at the start of the season.

The “one of our own” comments on here were quite embarrassing for someone who had only ever put on a Brighton shirt to have his transfer picture taken!!!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Don’t know, but you probably have the same feeling as Portsmouth fans have over Matt Clarke, when he turned in some good performances for Derby at the start of the season.

The “one of our own” comments on here were quite embarrassing for someone who had only ever put on a Brighton shirt to have his transfer picture taken!!!

Sure but at least Matt Clarke is technically our player.

I’m not sure if Leeds fans are in some kind of denial but likewise Ben White is ours too.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

I’m not sure if Leeds fans are in some kind of denial but likewise Ben White is ours too.

The thread I read appeared to indicate that Leeds fans would be sad to see him leave, OK there is no mention of his parent club Brighton, but they do all pretty much say that he would go all the way to the top! I didn't see any of the "one of our own" type comments I have alluded to around Clarke.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Flipping heck how long did it take you to scroll back 3+ years? I'd get RSI of my thumb if I tried to go back that far.

4 or 5 minutes, but I was sure I had commented on the match (and specifically on White's performance) for the benefit of my less loyal friends who had not bothered going, and I was curious to look back on what I said. I will remind everyone of my uncanny judgement when he gets his first England call up! :smile:

You know Whatsapp has search function,right?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Many (although not all) Leeds fans seem to be in denial if social media is a fair representation. They seem to think that now he's been to Leeds he'll never want to play for anyone else ever again, despite the fact that he has a contract with us until summer 2022.

They probably thought the same about Pontus Jansson. I guess the allure of playing for Brentford was too much to keep him at Leeds.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But, but, but...…..he was just so ORDINARY for us

Oh well, just goes to show.

Did anyone see his qualities when at BHA? Don't think so. My lasting memory was the away game at Huddersfield (live on Sky) when he replaced Stephens (I think) and was pants and we got over-run and many people started panicking that Huddersfield would catch us - never imagined he'd been starting in a Premier League game a few years later

In that away game against Sheffield Wednesday when both Stephens and Kayal were unavailable, he was immense in a centre mid partnership with Sidwell. Only about 500 of us saw that though.

Saying that, he’d still be 5th choice centre mid in the current squad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In that away game against Sheffield Wednesday when both Stephens and Kayal were unavailable, he was immense in a centre mid partnership with Sidwell. Only about 500 of us saw that though.

It's a remarkable - possibly even a unique - achievement he's managed to pull off - promotion from The Championship in three successive seasons with three different clubs. I don't think he's really been given enough credit for it - certainly it seems to have passed by all those top class pundits who know so much about football and the PL (the top quarter of it anyway!)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

He gives to United more than Propper gives to us imo, and he is more experienced than Bissouma. He would do very well in this Potter side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here