Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potters second season

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Potter will be Man United's manager next season. Ooooopsss I've said it, well someone had to.

Rather early for that. After their experience with OGS I expect them to go for a name who has actually won things. Also I think that this Eddie Howe at Bournemouth would be in with a bigger shout than GP right now. GP has won 2 premiership games and never played there.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Nah it's a poison chalice. Potter needs to oversee his football system at every level of the club but at United he would just be another manager and would not be able to assert his authority like he is doing for us.

Perceptive and so very true. He saw AK, JL and FA as impediments and out they went. SD will be on his way come next summer.

Potters idea's
Good thread and I've read it all, but this does my head in! You're putting apostrophes where they don't belong yet missing them out where needed. No word in English is pluralised with an apostrophe. Ever!

Sorry for the interruption.

Perceptive and so very true. He saw AK, JL and FA as impediments and out they went. SD will be on his way come next summer.
AK's move was out of his hands.

22/23? Still skiing somewhere I hope, knees permitting :thumbsup:
And global warming permitting...

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Rather early for that. After their experience with OGS I expect them to go for a name who has actually won things. Also I think that this Eddie Howe at Bournemouth would be in with a bigger shout than GP right now. GP has won 2 premiership games and never played there.

I think Eddie Howe will go to Everton

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think Eddie Howe will go to Everton

Too far away. Plus he has almost complete control of everything that goes on at Bournemouth and won't want to give that up at a bigger club. I think he'll stay there until they have a bad season and he's sacked.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope so!

Not in the running, neither is Potter with just 6 votes.

CC6D6136-B2E3-4BA1-9BA0-15AC46A3CF2A.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the last week. It’s an Everton forum.

Do you mean the 42 for Moyes?
Whoops! My error - thought it was Man. Utd. Not a lot of difference these days really..............................

Anyway, are there really 162 Everton idiots wanting Mourinho? Moyes at least was a good fit at Everton (although that was when they didn't have a pot to piss in, in PL terms anyway).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whoops! My error - thought it was Man. Utd. Not a lot of difference these days really..............................

Anyway, are there really 162 Everton idiots wanting Mourinho? Moyes at least was a good fit at Everton (although that was when they didn't have a pot to piss in, in PL terms anyway).

Agree about Moyes, he kept delivering top 6 and one top 4 finish. They feel they’re bigger than Moyes now, hence the ‘names’.

Koeman was a ‘name’, look what happened to him.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Anyway, are there really 162 Everton idiots wanting Mourinho? .

I suspect if nothing else oldmoanio would raise the profile of Everton like never before.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Nah it's a poison chalice. Potter needs to oversee his football system at every level of the club but at United he would just be another manager and would not be able to assert his authority like he is doing for us.

Agree, Potter doesn't seem the ( careerwise or indeed any otherwise ) suicidal type !

I don't believe that he will go anywhere for now and, although he may very well be much sought after, he has got a good gig at the Amex. My belief, rightly or wrongly, is that TB will want to nurture a good relationship with a manager / head coach who seems to know what he is doing and is delivering an attractive brand of football. All of this especially as he will not want to uproot his family yet again.

FWIW, I am hugely encouraged by his performance thus far which, with a bit of luck, could easily have seen a few more points on the board

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here