Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potters second season

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You think Duffy is a dickhead? Don't know him personally (KP aside) not heard anything about him being like that or any more pretentious than your normal PL footballer.

Can see him going because he doesn't fit the GP style as said.

Don’t know him but could point to the alleged incidents that been discussed on here

Tweets about IRA
Way he engineered move from Blackburn
Katie Price
Shagging that troll behind Mrs back that made the sun paper
Part of the drinking group

May not be the case but most likely candidate from the current crop

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Still a lot of football to be played this season i know, but given its the international doldrums lets have a think on some questions.

If we were to say up how do you expect Potter to hit the transfer market?

What key areas do you expect to be heavily invested in, or will he promote more youth?

Would the first season be the foundation for Potters idea's to really blossom and develop?

Given the distance and direction he's already taken the team in such a short time, the thoughts are mouth-watering!

On a side note i don't expect Duffy to be here next season.

I would expect Duffy and Bong to be gone.
GM will still be making guest appearances from the bench. Jose may struggle to get back to full strength quick enough to secure a regular spot in the team so is another at risk at the end of the season.

I would expect all of those leaving to be replaced in with transfers as I imagine anyone in the academy ready for the step up has already made the necessary splash.

As for the rest... I imagine we'll struggle to hang on to everyone we want to hang on to if we have a half decent season as some of the bigger clubs will offer good money for a few of the best players.
I also imagine TB looking to cash in a little (because of last season's losses) so any good offer will be considered.

A relatively quiet summer, unless selling activity forces extra buying.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would expect all of those leaving to be replaced in with transfers as I imagine anyone in the academy ready for the step up has already made the necessary splash.
You think that White, Clarke, Mlakar, Molumbey, Sanders, Ostigard and Gyokeres have all peaked at their current level then?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You think that White, Clarke, Mlakar, Molumbey, Sanders, Ostigard and Gyokeres have all peaked at their current level then?

The academy is there to produce players than can be sold. The ones we've kept are the ones that we want, I suspect the best of the rest will be sold, either because they don't appear to be PL quality, because they are too similar to players we have or don't suit our (new) style.

Not saying they have peaked, just saying I think they are the ones being prepared for sale rather than the first team. They will peak elsewhere that's all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The academy is there to produce players than can be sold. The ones we've kept are the ones that we want, I suspect the best of the rest will be sold, either because they don't appear to be PL quality, because they are too similar to players we have or don't suit our (new) style.

Not saying they have peaked, just saying I think they are the ones being prepared for sale rather than the first team. They will peak elsewhere that's all.
Some will be sold, but that lot haven't all been put where they are just to try and flog them on; career wise they are where Alzate and Connolly were last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Next England manager more likely..... [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you'll find that's a job for either the elderly or not quite good enough.
Occasionally both at the same time.

Fortunately for us, Mr Potter ticks neither box.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I fear that Burn could leave or return to the bench, such a committed player with bags of enthusiasm, but he was done 3 times in 5 minutes in our own area by Sissoko and Kane. But maybe Berardo is that replacement.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
White can come into the back 3, Baluta and Molumby essentially play the Stephens role. We have Walton out on loan in the Champ, if he isn’t promoted to the first team as a backup goalie next season surely it’s time to sell on.

Main squad gaps seem to me to be full backs and another striker (maybe Gyokeres can keep scoring in Germany and he will be able to fill this role). And remembering of course we may have Tau and Mac Allister to come in too.

A poster not too long ago showed that a whole team could have been constructed on top of the starting 11, once all the injured players are back. On top of that there are 7 or 8 loanees within sniffing range, assuming Tau and mcAllister are good enough. This should mean that the Albion will be a selling club next summer, presumably, (even Locadia and the bad-tempered one might fetch a few bob) which could mean that we go beyond the 15 to 18 million mark in in an attempt to really strengthen the team. Of course much can happen in the next 9 months or so, and will it be that straight forward?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I think ....

Potter will still be here and we'll stay up.

We'll move on about 15 senior pros. .... Propper, Murray, Schelotto, Ali J, Bong, Izquierdo, Bernardo, Bissouma, Duffy, Balogun, Button, Steele and the 3 out on loan

Mooy will sign.
We'll sign a keeper and sell Walton. Promote Sanchez to 3rd keeper.
We'll sign full backs on both sides
Molumby will come into the squad, maybe Longman
We'll sell Gyokeres, Dreyer, Ostigard and Baluta ... all for unbdisclosed, but modest fees
Potter will think we have enough central defensive and midfield cover with White and the young players coming through.
We'll get Tau and MacAllister into the country and they will both do ok but not amazing

I don't think there will be such a drastic turnaround - thats an awful lot of players out the door.

Gyokeres needs to perform on loan - as another poster said, he is probably at the stage now where he proves himself or he's gone. Same with Dreyer.
Ostigard is a seriously promising CB - probably a year or so behind White, don't think we would get rid.
Baluta again has shown real quality for Romania, I suspect he will be loaned out in January for match practice, and then be in contention if we lose a few CMs over the summer.
Longman I doubt will be ready, and will be loaned out next season. Sanchez and Sanders probably a Championship loan. Walton is surely a better option next year than Button/Steele.
And I hope we keep Bernardo and Bissouma, but they need to impose themselves more.

Mind you, a lot can change in a season and its only October.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:thumbsup: Not wishing your life away. :smile:

Btw what are your skiing plans for winter 2022/23?

22/23? Still skiing somewhere I hope, knees permitting :thumbsup:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Duffy was arguably out best player last season so it is unexpected to see him out of the team so soon but he doesn't have the passing ability of Dunk, Webster or Burn.

Goalkeeper - I'd like to see Walton or Sanchez developing a career and I imagine Steele or Button may move on to accomodate

Defence - centrally we look very strong, Fullbacks - Bong doesn't look good enough so additions to both sides could be made depending on what formation we settle into.

Centre Midfield - plenty of players but many are used in wider positions under Potter, I wonder if this is by design or because our wide men don't have the passing ability to fit the style.

Winger - Trossard, March and then a gap. I wonder if Knockaert was shipped out because he didn't want to adapt, he is great on the ball but decision making is very poor and selfish which I imagine would annoy Potter a lot. I'd love to see him in a Potter side but if he does leave then I can see a new addition coming in, a youngster with pace and an engine to run for 90 minutes

Striker - the 4-4-2 used against Spurs was perfect and in that Connelly and Maupay are ideal, but variety may be something Potter looks at and maybe a taller option or someone with great heading ability.

It doesn't look great for Steele, Duffy, Balogun, Bong, Kayal, Locadia, Jahanbakash, Andone so maybe we will see 4 or 5 new additions

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Potter will be Man United's manager next season. Ooooopsss I've said it, well someone had to.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nah it's a poison chalice. Potter needs to oversee his football system at every level of the club but at United he would just be another manager and would not be able to assert his authority like he is doing for us.

:clap:thank you thank you for that........i needed reassurance we would hold on to him for at least a second season. :D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:clap:thank you thank you for that........i needed reassurance we would hold on to him for at least a second season. :D
I just hope we can keep him long enough for the:-

Potter Out... ...discuss,

threads to reach double figures.

A personal favourite will be 'the tinkerman doesn't even know his best team'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here