Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    I hate the Daily Mail Doc Lynam's Avatar

Potters second season

0 Not allowed!
    Still a lot of football to be played this season i know, but given its the international doldrums lets have a think on some questions.

If we were to say up how do you expect Potter to hit the transfer market?

What key areas do you expect to be heavily invested in, or will he promote more youth?

Would the first season be the foundation for Potters idea's to really blossom and develop?

Given the distance and direction he's already taken the team in such a short time, the thoughts are mouth-watering!

On a side note i don't expect Duffy to be here next season.
    Last edited by Doc Lynam; 12-10-2019 at 10:35.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Consummate professional, but would love to hear some of his end of the day pillow talk with his wife in recent months (not the smut) re: Andone, Locadia, Knockeart et al.

0 Not allowed!
      I’d be surprised if there was any “heavy” investment all all. The model appears to be bringing on youngsters and developing the developable pros he already has in the squad. From a first team squad perspective - more out than in.

0 Not allowed!
      Way too early to say for most teams facing us we are now an unknown. We will learn much more second half of the season when potters methods have bedded in and other teams have a better grip on how we setup and approach games
      Sensible madman

3 Not allowed!
      Goalkeeper: I think Ryan is great and he seems to be adapting to the fact he will use his feet more than his hands in Potters system. Pretty sure he will the starting goalkeeper next season as well. Other than that, I think we'll see some changes among the backups.

Defenders: I think the regular starters will be here next year as well though I expect Potter to look for a replacement for Burns in the starting eleven. Fairly certain there will be a bit of changes to the wing back position.

Midfield: I think Pröpper and/or Gross will be sacrificed in order to bring in more pace. And unless Bissouma steps up someone needs to brought in to cover for Dale Stephens. I could see this happening already in January since a long term injury on Stephens would be a relegation threat at the moment.

Attack: Potter has ALWAYS been very keen on having a tall, strong striker with good link up play and that will be the huge investment of the summer, with Maupay converted to more of a winger and Murray no longer considered an alternative for the starting eleven (think he will stay as a supersub though).

Not followed Brighton U21 enough to know who could take a place in the team next season but I expect one, two or three players getting promoted to the senior squad every season from now on.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      He gives me the impression, that he suffers no fools and will take no shit, whoever they may be.
      His second season will be interesting to watch, given how he's transformed our way of playing.
      https://youtu.be/oCyXsHC-lQ4

@Brighton Lines "The MASSIVE shield: Amex Ruislip who thinks Sheffield Wednesday are 13th in the Premier League"
      I hate the Daily Mail Doc Lynam's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Goalkeeper: I think Ryan is great and he seems to be adapting to the fact he will use his feet more than his hands in Potters system. Pretty sure he will the starting goalkeeper next season as well. Other than that, I think we'll see some changes among the backups.

Defenders: I think the regular starters will be here next year as well though I expect Potter to look for a replacement for Burns in the starting eleven. Fairly certain there will be a bit of changes to the wing back position.

Midfield: I think Pröpper and/or Gross will be sacrificed in order to bring in more pace. And unless Bissouma steps up someone needs to brought in to cover for Dale Stephens. I could see this happening already in January since a long term injury on Stephens would be a relegation threat at the moment.

Attack: Potter has ALWAYS been very keen on having a tall, strong striker with good link up play and that will be the huge investment of the summer, with Maupay converted to more of a winger and Murray no longer considered an alternative for the starting eleven (think he will stay as a supersub though).

Not followed Brighton U21 enough to know who could take a place in the team next season but I expect one, two or three players getting promoted to the senior squad every season from now on.
      Interesting observations Swansman. One thing, why does the CF need to be tall? MC are showing with a passing game size doesn't matter, arguably Potters style is closer to that.

1 Not allowed!

Ben White will surely be starting for us next year, he could probably be starting right now if he wasn't at Leeds.

Alzate seems like Stephens main cover at the moment. Can expect March and Propper to take most of his appearances when they are fit again. Would be foolish to sacrifice Gross but we know Ajax like Propper and maybe next summer he will leave

0 Not allowed!

White can come into the back 3, Baluta and Molumby essentially play the Stephens role. We have Walton out on loan in the Champ, if he isn’t promoted to the first team as a backup goalie next season surely it’s time to sell on.

Main squad gaps seem to me to be full backs and another striker (maybe Gyokeres can keep scoring in Germany and he will be able to fill this role). And remembering of course we may have Tau and Mac Allister to come in too.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

13 Not allowed!
      Is it too early to say that it's too early to say?

I think it's too early to say.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk