Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] What will you be watching on the 19th October?

What will you be watching on the 19th October?

• Albion

Votes: 74 84.1%
  • Parliament

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead?

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What a horrible wanker you are

:lolol:

Morning Piltdown! :smile:

You're the one threatening violence, hence the wanker emoji.

The rest of your post...of course the question should not be exactly the same as before. We know so much more now and so can have an educated vote between a negotiated deal and Remain. The idea that the country should be allowed to be utterly destroyed by no deal, because of a referendum that was fundamentally flawed and based on lies, three and a half years ago, is just crass stupidity.

I look forward to your attempt to shove my flag up my arse.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
:lolol:

Morning Piltdown! :smile:

You're the one threatening violence, hence the wanker emoji.

The rest of your post...of course the question should not be exactly the same as before. We know so much more now and so can have an educated vote between a negotiated deal and Remain. The idea that the country should be allowed to be utterly destroyed by no deal, because of a referendum that was fundamentally flawed and based on lies, three and a half years ago, is just crass stupidity.

I look forward to your attempt to shove my flag up my arse.

Remain can't be on the paper, that was lost, it can only decide now how we leave.

Like I said I didn't want to leave but we lost, move on.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Remain can't be on the paper, that was lost, it can only decide now how we leave.

Like I said I didn't want to leave but we lost, move on.

Well, that's your opinion, and I defend your right to express it.

I don't think that you could be more wrong, though. Public opinion has clearly changed, and the 2016 vote does not reflect how the country feels now.

My turn to use a tired, hackneyed soundbite: Democracy did not stop in June 2016.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Murder Capital in Oxford.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would anybody want to watch Parliament with its MPs who are only interested in their own views not trhat pf the people and the rsult of the referendum over watching Brighton either at Villa Park or via a stream.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I voted Remain, but I’m always willing to listen and respect the views of people who voted Brexit.

John Humphrys, now he can speak freely, was brilliant on Radio 5 this week. He, despite being personally an avid Remainer, said the senior people at the BBC wrongly spent the last 20 years deeming anyone in the UK who wanted to leave the EU a racist and weird. He said the BBC completely misjudged the groundswell of opinion throughout the UK - people were genuinely scared of noticeable and sudden immigration within their communities, of a fear of loss of jobs and reduced income.

An intelligent observation from a highly intelligent guy who’s seen it all.

None of immature and ill informed slurs against Brexiteers and Brexit politicians we see. The childish debate cuts both ways, Remainers don’t hold the moral high ground of only their opinion counts. Politicians blocking Brexit have not all acted wonderfully in the national interest, with no petty politicking, or scheming, no nasty insults.

The behaviour from both sides has been poor throughout.

I think there has been a lot of acrimony that has muddied the discussion which indeed have been arguments. I don't doubt that the ground swell of anti-EU feeling is (for the most) not because people are bigoted nationalists but because of economic issues e.g. competing with cheaper foreign labour and the potential impact that said foreign labour force has on social infrastructure. But i think people are wrong to blame the EU for this , cheap labour arrived before we joined the EU e.g. Irish labourers in 19th century and later West Indian and people from the sub continent after the war. What people don't realise that the same Tory magnates are happy to have cheap labour what they are concerned is that with the EU employment laws have improved and of course there is the whole new threat to them of new EU tax laws.

After we leave the EU , cheap labour from abroad will still be coming in, working conditions will get worse and low income people will remain poor and indeed stand to be a lot worse off.

If I am wrong then good, but I am still waiting to hear how the life of my kids and grand kids will be better when we leave. Saying we will regain power means nothing to me as the power will reside with the wealthy.

It does concern me though that people cannot express why they think it will be better out of the EU, my suspicious side tells me that maybe there are more nationalists than I would hope for.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I will be marching with hundreds of thousands of others, campaigning for a People's Vote. Some things are more important than football.

Later, I will be at The Dome, where Kate Tempest is performing.

I agree. We should have a once in a lifetime vote. In or out.

Oh...

Ah it was the cats, dogs, rabbits and other pets that voted last time.

Oh well. Best of 3 if you don't get what YOU want 3 Or best of 5 or 10 or 100. F*** it, let's just keep on voting till I get my way and p1ss all over democracy.

Damn, been caught out with the B topic again....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think there has been a lot of acrimony that has muddied the discussion which indeed have been arguments. I don't doubt that the ground swell of anti-EU feeling is (for the most) not because people are bigoted nationalists but because of economic issues e.g. competing with cheaper foreign labour and the potential impact that said foreign labour force has on social infrastructure. But i think people are wrong to blame the EU for this , cheap labour arrived before we joined the EU e.g. Irish labourers in 19th century and later West Indian and people from the sub continent after the war. What people don't realise that the same Tory magnates are happy to have cheap labour what they are concerned is that with the EU employment laws have improved and of course there is the whole new threat to them of new EU tax laws.

After we leave the EU , cheap labour from abroad will still be coming in, working conditions will get worse and low income people will remain poor and indeed stand to be a lot worse off.

If I am wrong then good, but I am still waiting to hear how the life of my kids and grand kids will be better when we leave. Saying we will regain power means nothing to me as the power will reside with the wealthy.

It does concern me though that people cannot express why they think it will be better out of the EU, my suspicious side tells me that maybe there are more nationalists than I would hope for.

Some good points, I agree.

Interesting that as a Remainer you state “After we leave the EU”. Personally I don’t think it’s a certainty at all.

I can see once all the dust has settled in say 3 years time, either as we are, or a hybrid outcome. Possibly a 50:50 call.

Time to trot out a "this".

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I will be marching with hundreds of thousands of others, campaigning for a People's Vote. Some things are more important than football.

Yeap, Villa Park hopefully next season.

Even taking a converted Brexity parent alone, still guilt ridden from being conned by Farage in 2016.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here