Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] What will you be watching on the 19th October?

What will you be watching on the 19th October?

• Albion

Votes: 74 84.1%
  • Parliament

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead?

Votes: 9 10.2%

• Total voters

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Parliament are to sit on a Saturday for the first time since the Falklands conflict but the Albion are going to Villa Park on the same day. Help me out here.

D

Deleted member 2719

Parliament are to sit on a Saturday for the first time since the Falklands conflict, but the Albion are going to Villa Park on the same day. Help me out here.

Why would anyone watch parliament???

Would it be because of the uproar of the country if they try to BLOCK the PEOPLES vote to LEAVE yet AGAIN???

I do not trust parliament to do the right thing for democracy; they are in it for their political careers. If we don't leave, people will feel cheated as they never have before.
We will not recover, and the country will have a deep gorge dividing us for decades.

The Albion, something that unites us and doesn't divide us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you can't get a ticket for Villa Park, it will be BBC Sussex in one ear, democracy in the other

Capture.JPG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll.

Easy one, this. Moody stream from Villa Park. But I may have parliament on the radio. But if the weather is nice I may go out.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I will be marching with hundreds of thousands of others, campaigning for a People's Vote. Some things are more important than football.

Later, I will be at The Dome, where Kate Tempest is performing.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
You can affect neither outcome. So you have a choice watch a bunch of self indulgent adult kids let their egos screw with the future of the country or find out what happened in the playground via the evening news and watch Brighton play Villa, which win or lose is bound to be entertaining. What's so hard?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
All those tossers in parliament can go fvck themselves, mucking us about all this time over that B word.
I'll be watching the Albion on some dodgy stream :albion2:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
On one hand, there's the chance to watch parochial tribalism and potentially career-ending challenges from pampered individuals who think they're above the law.

On the other, there's football.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will be playing golf in the morning, and going for a walk on the seafront in the afternoon.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Parliament are to sit on a Saturday for the first time since the Falklands conflict but the Albion are going to Villa Park on the same day. Help me out here.

Anything but Parliament. We already know what they DON'T want i.e every Brexit option ever put in front of them. Self-serving ****s

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Neither.

Probably watching a TV boxset, if this relentless rain continues on that day.

Politics .... what will be, will be. The Remain Commons was never in a month of Sundays going to vote for any form of leaving the EU. The next General Election, whenever that is, will determine our futures.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Anything but Parliament. We already know what they DON'T want i.e every Brexit option ever put in front of them. Self-serving ****s

This belongs to The Other Thread, but since you raised it...

A written obligation of an MP is to always act in what he or she feels is the national interest. I have no problem with MPs who do that, be they ERG spartans, LibDem activists, Conservative rebels, Caroline Lucas or Mark Francois. I may disagree with some of them, but they are doing what they feel is right. Many of them, in voting as they have done, have been acting in exact opposition to their careers and personal interests.

The MPs who are self-serving are those who agree to something that they feel is against the national interest.

Don't be sucked into the 'Parliament v the people' narrative that Cummings wants to fight the next election on.

And in answer to the question, I will be walking the city streets. Our cause may be lost by then, but you have to stand by your beliefs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here