Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Films you LOVE everyone else seems to hate

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Had just returned from a long work trip to China when it came out and had done basically the opposite of Bill Murray's character and had bothered to learn some phrases and went out and engaged with people. The film just annoyed me. Everyone else is like yourself and loves it or so it seems.

I'm with you. I thought I'd really like it as I usually love films where not much happens, character studies etc. I HATED it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The Big Bus, along the same lines as the Airport films but on a bus, it still makes me chuckle, that and It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
By that token this one qualifies, achieving the lowly score of 4.9 on imdb and being panned by critics...

Blues Brothers 2000 ..

I agree it is poor overall as a film, being much the same as the first one. But I love the music. With Aretha Franklin, B B King and all, what more do you want? And John Goodman's singing performance was a revelation..

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Always loved this one from the 80's, I think it suffered at the box office due to the popularity of the Star Wars franchise.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The La La Land that won 6 Oscars, 7 Golden Globes and 6 BAFTAs...? Yeah, nobody seems to like that. ( I haven't seen it)

I managed a few minutes. The dancing on cars bit tuned me off completely. TBF I hate musicals.
I just thought as it had won so many awards, it must be good.
Probably is but not for me :)

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
A slightly different take on this thread I'll throw in all of Lars von Triers films. Each one seems to divide everyone, e.g. I loved Dancer in the Dark my wife hates it, when I saw Dogville half of the audience left after 10 minutes I was captivated....

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I managed a few minutes. The dancing on cars bit tuned me off completely. TBF I hate musicals.
I just thought as it had won so many awards, it must be good.
Probably is but not for me :)

Generally derided for being a bit of a ‘musical by numbers’ effort. I didn’t mind it, great visuals and amusing 80s turn by the band at that wedding. As a straight male, I still struggle to understand why Ryan Gosling is considered such a leading male heartthrob though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Titanic I love, and can watch over and over. At the time it was the most watched, most re-watched, biggest box office, multi oscar winning film - and yet you struggle to find anyone who has a good word to say about it now.

I really liked it too and end up watching it if it is on TV. I think people liked to say they did not like it because it was so huge and popular.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
David Lean clearly a cinematic genius, Dr Zhivago, Laurence of Arabia, Bridge on the River Kwai, Ryans Daughter etc..

Have not found it possible to make it to the end with any of them!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
2 Girls 1 Cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here