Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] It’s Fridat! (Drinking)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Started with a marvellous Ridgeside Brewing ‘No Figgity’ , a barley wine flavoured with figs and candied orange peel, wowser, exceptional.

To follow with dinner a bottle of 2013 Pirramimma GSM from McLaren Vale.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Haven't started yet. Haven't even had lunch yet :-(

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Yayyyy! It's Fridat night and I am going to brave some bonkers mad Vodka my Polish mate bought back from Poland, no idea what is is but it looks good! Happy Fridat all you lovely N.S.C.ers!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Happy Fridat everyone.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A few Elvis’s tonight to celebrate 9 days off work now and a Center Parcs break with my grandson and family.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Friends round for dinner tonight, so on the vino blanco

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I'm having plenty of fruit tonight, so starting with some pineapple....

pineapple.jpg

...then going on some orange.

orange.jpg

Both ICE cold, of course. Happy Fridat!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have discovered Morrisons " The Best " American Pale Ale and very nice it is too, brewed by Oakham Ales. I had four of them, I now have three and I'm not expecting the rest to see daylight again.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have discovered Morrisons " The Best " American Pale Ale and very nice it is too, brewed by Oakham Ales. I had four of them, I now have three and I'm not expecting the rest to see daylight again.

Is that on the 4 for £6.00 deal. Been caning the Siren Soundwave on that Veg. .... and staff discount 👍

Tesco’s are doing Brewdogs Mr President for 4 for £6.00 as well. An excellent double IPA at 9.2abv

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is that on the 4 for £6.00 deal. Been caning the Siren Soundwave on that Veg. .... and staff discount

Tesco’s are doing Brewdogs Mr President for 4 for £6.00 as well. An excellent double IPA at 9.2abv

Yes, the Oakham " The Best " APA is on the 4 for £6 deal, I might try the Siren Soundwave but that Brewdog 9.2 % abv is well out of my league, I'd probably shrivel like a salted snail.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Strictly Brewdog. Some Elvis Juice and a bit of Mr President with a Thai takeaway and the England game.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes, the Oakham " The Best " APA is on the 4 for £6 deal, I might try the Siren Soundwave but that Brewdog 9.2 % abv is well out of my league, I'd probably shrivel like a salted snail.

No more than a standard Belgium Tripel you big tart.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
A few Elvis’s tonight to celebrate 9 days off work now and a Center Parcs break with my grandson and family.

Am thinking of taking Son, partner, 2 grandchildren and us there next year at Feb half term.

Worried about feedback about how expensive it is.
Basic accomodation looks ok but are there loads of addons?

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Breakfast beer, you lightweight.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Am thinking of taking Son, partner, 2 grandchildren and us there next year at Feb half term.

Worried about feedback about how expensive it is.
Basic accomodation looks ok but are there loads of addons?

Well you do have to pay for everything else other than the swimming so it’s not the cheapest break out there but although I haven’t been for 20 odd years I’ve always really enjoyed it. I get to fish there and smack a few golf balls around.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No more than a standard Belgium Tripel you big tart.

Funnily enough, was in Brighton yesterday with Mrs V ,had a quick look in Trafalgar Wines just to see if there was anything worth having at half price, they had some Straffe Hendrik Quads 11% left I was tempted for a second, then realised that half of £4.29 a bottle is still way more than we would pay in Belgium, some Tripel Karmelite's too, but whats the point of paying £1.50 a bottle when I still have half a crate left that cost about £1.20 a bottle ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here