Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] El Camino - Breaking Bad sequel

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or - What Jesse Pinkman did next...

The Netflix Event EL CAMINO: A BREAKING BAD MOVIE reunites fans with Jesse Pinkman (Emmy-winner Aaron Paul). In the wake of his dramatic escape from captivity, Jesse must come to terms with his past in order to forge some kind of future. This gripping thriller is written and directed by Vince Gilligan.

Well it's here.

I've just watched and enjoyed.
It's certainly not one for people to pick up cold and a few of the 'montages' seem a little forced but overall VG did a pretty good job ending the story.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Just watched it with another Breaking Bad fan, and we both agreed it was excellent two hours and a great conclusion to Jesse's story.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We have also just finished watching. Superb, and I am seriously tempted to revisitt Breaking Bad from the start.

That could have been disappointing. It was anyting but.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I absolutely loved it - it was a perfect continuation of and conclusion to the story of Jesse Pinkman. The key thing was that there were enough characters you know to keep you interested, but not so many dropped in that it smacks of keeping fans happy. Every character was important and the use of flashbacks was spot on as well. I also loved them showing Twisters, which is Los Pollos Hermanos. I was there earlier this year, they have the Los Pollos sign up on the wall and it's a classy nod to them to show them in the film. I also went past Walt's house, which now has a huge fence on the outside, so I wondered if maybe that would feature in the film - but I think the residents have done that because they hate people. :lolol:

Sad news overnight though, the vacuum cleaner guy actually died last night, Robert Forster. A brilliant character.

The ONLY downside for me is how much time had obviously past but we're seeing characters as if no time has passed. Jesse Plemons (Todd) has chunked up massively, so seeing the shots of him using Jesse the prisoner spoil the illusion a little bit, but him still having Drew Sharp's tarantula was genius. Also introducing another Breaking Bad style dodgy business was ideal as well - a new story in the same style. Magnificent.

Just a shame how disappointing Better Call Saul has been, it doesn't have the magic or the genius of Breaking Bad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I absolutely loved it - it was a perfect continuation of and conclusion to the story of Jesse Pinkman. The key thing was that there were enough characters you know to keep you interested, but not so many dropped in that it smacks of keeping fans happy. Every character was important and the use of flashbacks was spot on as well. I also loved them showing Twisters, which is Los Pollos Hermanos. I was there earlier this year, they have the Los Pollos sign up on the wall and it's a classy nod to them to show them in the film. I also went past Walt's house, which now has a huge fence on the outside, so I wondered if maybe that would feature in the film - but I think the residents have done that because they hate people. :lolol:

Sad news overnight though, the vacuum cleaner guy actually died last night, Robert Forster. A brilliant character.

The ONLY downside for me is how much time had obviously past but we're seeing characters as if no time has passed. Jesse Plemons (Todd) has chunked up massively, so seeing the shots of him using Jesse the prisoner spoil the illusion a little bit, but him still having Drew Sharp's tarantula was genius. Also introducing another Breaking Bad style dodgy business was ideal as well - a new story in the same style. Magnificent.

Just a shame how disappointing Better Call Saul has been, it doesn't have the magic or the genius of Breaking Bad.

Despite being perfect cameo performances it's a shame we didn't get more of Jesse's stoner mates.

I was killing myself laughing as they were on the PS.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I think BCS is amazing!?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Haven't watched this yet but sounds good.

When we first moved over here, we didn't have anything other than Spanish tv and my then 84 year old mother was a little lost without her normal tv. So i plugged an external hard drive into the tv which had hundreds of movies and series on it, i thought that would keep her occupied for a while.
About a week passed and i came in to find her half way through the first season of Breaking Bad, i told her i didn't think it would be her cup of tea, her reply surprised me "what? This is brilliant, best thing i've watched in years" :lol: She finished the whole series :thumbsup:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

How much have you watched of Better Call Saul?

I remember finding the first series tough to get into, but season 2 was great.

Seasons 3 and 4 were right up there as some of the best TV you can see, just brilliant. I'm really looking forward to watching the fifth series.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How much have you watched of Better Call Saul?

I remember finding the first series tough to get into, but season 2 was great.

Seasons 3 and 4 were right up there as some of the best TV you can see, just brilliant. I'm really looking forward to watching the fifth series.

All of it - it's been pretty aimless so far in my opinion. Vince Gilligan is nowhere near it and sadly it shows. I'll watch Season 5 (February 2020) when it drops, but I think it's been fundamentally uninspired so far. Chuck was the worst character I've seen on a TV show, he was utterly hideous. As written, obviously, but it makes it a real slog for me to watch and I haven't even thought about watching it through a second time.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just finished El Camino and loved it. The only thing for me was it left me wanting more. Perfect ending really but I need my breaking bad or better call saul fix now! 2 hours went quick, so must have been good.

As previously mentioned, it has made me think about watching BB again from the start, which I haven't done, only seen it once.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
All of it - it's been pretty aimless so far in my opinion. Vince Gilligan is nowhere near it and sadly it shows. I'll watch Season 5 (February 2020) when it drops, but I think it's been fundamentally uninspired so far. Chuck was the worst character I've seen on a TV show, he was utterly hideous. As written, obviously, but it makes it a real slog for me to watch and I haven't even thought about watching it through a second time.

Fair enough, each to their own.

Chuck is an absolutely revolting human being, but I, unlike you, find him compulsive viewing. His relationship with Jimmy is painful, but I can't get enough of it.

And Mike is wonderful.

I hope you enjoy season 5!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Disappointed with El Camino. Very well made, but no real depth of story. Felt like out-takes from BB.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Surely it was closure to stop the world asking for another season.

Yes, but that's all it was. Was hoping it might stand up in its own right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Disappointed with El Camino. Very well made, but no real depth of story. Felt like out-takes from BB.
I'm a bit fence-y.

I was edging that way, but felt there was enough to keep me involved.
Although just not quite enough to start handing out lots of gold stars.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Watched it last night and loved it. Being a big BB fan i'm overlooking the blimpification of certain characters, Todd, the size of Kent in flashbacks for example. For me it was like the next episode in the last series after Walter was killed. Wasn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here