Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Manchester stabbings...........

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This happened at a place with security guards, CCTV cameras and plenty of people nearby. Can you be safe anywhere in public in Manchester? Safest places would probably be the football stadia, which ironically would be the reverse of the situation 40 odd years ago!

I have a flat in Castlefield and regularly walk round the public places in the city. And guess what? I'm still here.

Silly, sweeping comment.....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I have a flat in Castlefield and regularly walk round the public places in the city. And guess what? I'm still here.

Silly, sweeping comment.....

It is a sweeping comment, but I really don't like Manchester and it does have a "nasty" vibe in the centre. Just me maybe. I go quite often for work and I wouldn't live there if you paid me.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It is a sweeping comment, but I really don't like Manchester and it does have a "nasty" vibe in the centre. Just me maybe. I go quite often for work and I wouldn't live there if you paid me.
Most city centres are starting to feel like that

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Most city centres are starting to feel like that

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Most. :lolol: Nonsense.

I'm going to Manchester in a couple of weeks for a gig, looking forward to it. I've been there once before for a conference and walked around the shopping centre, it was absolutely no different to anywhere else in the UK and I can't imagine it's changed all that much.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Looked round it much have you? Been to Castlefield? Media City? Green Quarter? Northern Quarter?

Don't be so judgemental about somewhere you know so little about. Would you be making the same comments if the stabbing had been in Churchill Square?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This happened at a place with security guards, CCTV cameras and plenty of people nearby. Can you be safe anywhere in public in Manchester? Safest places would probably be the football stadia, which ironically would be the reverse of the situation 40 odd years ago!

There is absolutely nothing stopping a knife-wielding nutter doing the same anywhere including, say, Churchill Square. On a busy shopping day, I'd imagine you could stab four people in a few seconds, before most would have any idea what is going on.

It's a feature of living in the kind of free society we all enjoy.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Looked round it much have you? Been to Castlefield? Media City? Green Quarter? Northern Quarter?

Don't be so judgemental about somewhere you know so little about. Would you be making the same comments if the stabbing had been in Churchill Square?

Before I pull out the Reeves and Mortimer handbags, perhaps I should point out that I made no reference to stabbings whatsoever.

I just don't like Manchester city centre as it seems to be full of pricks and I don't enjoy the general feel of it. An observation, and I did say it might "just be me".

Calm down dear.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Before I pull out the Reeves and Mortimer handbags, perhaps I should point out that I made no reference to stabbings whatsoever.

I just don't like Manchester city centre as it seems to be full of pricks and I don't enjoy the general feel of it. An observation, and I did say it might "just be me".

Calm down dear.

Well, that's written off thousands of Mancunians

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I almost put that in my OP.......................

Great to see mental health being treated with typical disdain on here.

............and that's why I didn't.............:shrug:

Anyway..............

A 41-year-old black male from the Manchester area was initially held by police on suspicion of serious assault but he was later arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of an act of terrorism, Assistant Chief Constable Russ Jackson.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is absolutely nothing stopping a knife-wielding nutter doing the same anywhere including, say, Churchill Square. On a busy shopping day, I'd imagine you could stab four people in a few seconds, before most would have any idea what is going on.

It's a feature of living in the kind of free society we all enjoy.
They'd first have to get past the sign wielding vegans.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

My older sister lived in Moston when she went to Manchester University. It was a safe place with new housing being built. Now, it seems, the place is becoming dangerous with drive-by and gangster shootings, settling drug debts.

Mancunians are generally extremely friendly people who talk to strangers on the trams. For a big city, incidents are still relatively low compared to some large areas across the UK.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here