Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's Boys In Green - piece in Irish Times

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I flew to Dublin on Monday and the first thing I heard after landing was a old Irish fella talking to his mate on the phone saying "we've got another little Georgey Best on our hands to be sure" and then going on to talk about Brighton beating Spurs. (N.B. he may or may not have said 'to be sure', I think my brain may have added that later for added authenticity).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I flew to Dublin on Monday and the first thing I heard after landing was a old Irish fella talking to his mate on the phone saying "we've got another little Georgey Best on our hands to be sure" and then going on to talk about Brighton beating Spurs. (N.B. he may or may not have said 'to be sure', I think my brain may have added that later for added authenticity).

When did the Republic ever have a little Georgey Best!??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It appears the singing of Paddy McCourt was just a slow burner, finally coming to fruition.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
That's a glowing tribute to Albion's approach to bringing-on young players; let's hope there are plenty more Connollys and Alzates to come. I confirm that there is a real buzz in Eire about Connolly's potential.

I think another reason for young Irish players signing for Albion was the very high regard the dads of these youngsters had for Chris Hughton as a result of being one of Jack Charlton's heroes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I travelled with an Irish chap in Australia for a while. He once mentioned something about a 'dirty tree'. It took a while, but I then established he actually said 'thirty three'. It can be confusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here