Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro U21 Ireland v Italy 8.05pm

This match is a sell-out (over 7000) but I can't find any team news at all.

Screenshot_20191010-193730.png

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But Connolly isn't.

He's been moved up to the first team squad to leave Ireland U21 4th.(? -I think that's what JRG said) choice striker, Parrott, to get a chance!

Recognise Molumbey's name as one of ours - don't recognise any others. Have I missed any? What about subs?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He's been moved up to the first team squad to leave Ireland U21 4th.(? -I think that's what JRG said) choice striker, Parrott, to get a chance!

Recognise Molumbey's name as one of ours - don't recognise any others. Have I missed any? What about subs?

Sub Danny Mandroiu is a former Albion youngster.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Molumby played 85 mins and was booked in a feisty 0-0 in which one player from each side was sent off. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49954194

Jayson is mentioned in dispatches in having a decent effort saved.

He's getting regular Champ experience now with Millwall and doing well according to my mate who follows them home and away. He has every chance of making our squad in due course IMHO.

PG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I watched the whole of this game, on a stream (of the RAI Italia coverage).

Bit of a strange match - the Irish were really fired up - came out like a goalkeeper and 10 Florin Andones. Molumby himself was flying into tackles, and should have been at least booked, in the first two minutes, for leaving one late on Italy's best player - #4 Sandro Tonali, of Brescia. As things settled down, he started to play really well, but needed to stay calm. He had a running battle with Tonali throughout, and just before halftime the 2 of them squared up - Molumby raised his hands to him, and Tonali went down clutching his face. The Italian was being a snide, but Molumby lucky to eascpe with a yellow, from a very fussy, officious ref.

The incident that saw Moise Kean and Troy Parrott both red carded was pretty similar handbags (Kean more agressive, can't really argue with his red. Parrott's despite the Irish complants was a deserved second yellow)..

Molumby had a well struck free kick tipped over comfortably by the keeper. He came off with 5 minutes left - looked like he felt his hamstring, after an awkward landing.

Overall he played really well, but his lack of discipline was a touch concerning. Have not seen that in his game before.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I watched the whole of this game, on a stream (of the RAI Italia coverage).

Bit of a strange match - the Irish were really fired up - came out like a goalkeeper and 10 Florin Andones. Molumby himself was flying into tackles, and should have been at least booked, in the first two minutes, for leaving one late on Italy's best player - #4 Sandro Tonali, of Brescia. As things settled down, he started to play really well, but needed to stay calm. He had a running battle with Tonali throughout, and just before halftime the 2 of them squared up - Molumby raised his hands to him, and Tonali went down clutching his face. The Italian was being a snide, but Molumby lucky to eascpe with a yellow, from a very fussy, officious ref.

The incident that saw Moise Kean and Troy Parrott both red carded was pretty similar handbags (Kean more agressive, can't really argue with his red. Parrott's despite the Irish complants was a deserved second yellow)..

Molumby had a well struck free kick tipped over comfortably by the keeper. He came off with 5 minutes left - looked like he felt his hamstring, after an awkward landing.

Overall he played really well, but his lack of discipline was a touch concerning. Have not seen that in his game before.

Actually, have seen a comment or two from Millwall fans about him flying into tackles and nearly getting sent off. Leeds fans seem to think he should have been red carded in their match on Saturday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually, have seen a comment or two from Millwall fans about him flying into tackles and nearly getting sent off. Leeds fans seem to think he should have been red carded in their match on Saturday.

Must be the Millwall influence...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Must be the Millwall influence...

It was noticeable to me that when he finally returned from injury at the end of last season, he was booked in 4 successive matches for the U-23s (matches 2 through 5 of his comeback - he wasn't booked in his first appearance against Man City, in which he only played the first half).

I wonder if missing 15 months through injury has given him a little extra edge that he didn't have before?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

Ah now GT - you are a little behind the times in relation to my comments - and Parrott has been the first choice striker for the U21s for a few games now.

Molumby has been the best of the U21s so far in this campaign for Ireland - Kenny knew the Italians were going to try and kick the legs off them and had the team set up to come out and show they were going to stand up to them. Molumby has been very disciplined in all the games he played for the U21s so far and I think that he pushed it to the limit in this game because it was what was needed.

Sub Danny Mandroiu is a former Albion youngster.
Mandroiu has had a really good season in the LoI with Bohemians - and is being tracked by several English clubs - don't be surprised to see him join an English club in the January transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here