Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Hove and Portslade Tory Candidate announced!!!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If he's not a horrible person he probably shouldn't be helping the Tory party. <<ducks>>

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Know him. Good lad for a Tory Boy. Very good councillor. Big step up in class and no match for Peter Kyle.

I predict he’ll still be cleaning up Hove Lagoon and putting planters in Boundary Road come next Summer.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Knowing how brilliant peter Atkinson labour, is for Portslade and mike oak, he doesn’t stand a chance up here.

If he us a Tory standing for parliament, Kyle us also excellent and will get my vote every tine

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Know him. Good lad for a Tory Boy. Very good councillor. Big step up in class and no match for Peter Kyle.

I predict he’ll still be cleaning up Hove Lagoon and putting planters in Boundary Road come next Summer.

You're making it sound like it's a boxing bout!!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
More interestingly, the Lib Dem candidate used to play bass in The Wedding Present.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
nominative determinism ahoy .... Beatrice Bass aka "Pepe le Moko" ... bassist on 'Valentina'.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Robert Nemeth

Not a horrible person.

Keeps bees, likes beach huts, likes Hove library.

Landlord and property developer (doesn't necessarily mean he's a baddy)

Bit pointless really.

https://thelatest.co.uk/brighton/2018/07/10/the-vote-episode-43-with-councillor-robert-nemeth/

(First name not Tim)

Does it say something about the reputation of the Conservative party that the first thing you feel like have to say about a new candidate is that he's not a horrible person?

Yet they're still going to win. I fail to understand the world

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And without bothering to watch the video, is he looking to be a councillor or challenge Kyle for the seat in Parliament?

Probably parliament I suppose.

And with that, surely the question to ask him is what he thinks of leaving the EU.

If he declares for leave, he's finished. If he declares for remain, he'll be booted out of the Tory party. If he doesn't answer, like the last one, Kyle will wipe the floor with him because everyone will know he's leave.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And without bothering to watch the video, is he looking to be a councillor or challenge Kyle for the seat in Parliament?

Probably parliament I suppose.

And with that, surely the question to ask him is what he thinks of leaving the EU.

If he declares for leave, he's finished. If he declares for remain, he'll be booted out of the Tory party. If he doesn't answer, like the last one, Kyle will wipe the floor with him because everyone will know he's leave.

Not to mention the animal loving bee keeper will also need to come out in favour of fox hunting.???

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not to mention the animal loving bee keeper will also need to come out in favour of fox hunting.???

You're joking I think but he possibly will. Are moderate Tory candidates even allowed in the Party any more? He would have to run in Hove presumably on a sensible traditional tory platform of competent economic stewardship etc. Then say he gets elected. Then it's turn into a rampant ERG type who talks about collaborators and treason or you're out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here