Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] This Typhoon in Japan

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-matches-at-risk-as-typhoon-hagibis-escalates

What would you do about the rugby?

Play the games and hope nobody getting there dies and it’s not completely farcical
Move the games to a less affected region and try to handle to ticketing chaos and other logistical challenges which will ensue
Cancel the games. Giving us the group win and hilariously dumping the Jocks out

The F1 is probably more easily cancellable. Lewis Hamilton certainly hopes so.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It will have to go ahead, no high balls though I would assume?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The game time can be delayed, but it has to be played on the correct day, otherwise it is cancelled as a 'no result'.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Don't worry about the rugby... Worry about me!

Just rejoined a cruise ship sailing between China and Japan every few days!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
New Zealand have all but won the World Cup anyway. Just postpone all remaining games and give them the title. Easy

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
New Zealand have all but won the World Cup anyway. Just postpone all remaining games and give them the title. Easy

Do you really think so? I think this is by far the most open WC contest ever.

Do not rule out the Saffers. In their game against NZ they kicked their ass for the first 20 minutes. If they can learn from what went wrong after that (2 bad passes in essence was the difference in the scoreline) I think they could take them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Do not rule out the Saffers. In their game against NZ they kicked their ass for the first 20 minutes. If they can learn from what went wrong after that (2 bad passes in essence was the difference in the scoreline) I think they could take them.

I agree - NZ are favourites but SA have looked really good. England haven't looked bad either, and you can't rule out Ireland (ranked #2), Wales and possibly Australia.

In my opinion, New Zealand are the model of consistency and that's the difference. They are the only country I would put my mortgage on getting past France, Scotland or Japan on any given day. I think those three nations could beat any of the other contenders with a fair wind behind them and the rub of the green.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I will absolutely laugh my jocks off if the scotch are eliminated by a typhoon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Yep. The all blacks no longer unbeatable. 3 or 4 in with a great chance. 1 or 2 could conceivably cause an upset or two

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If they are,I expect Sturgeon will want another World Cup next year.:wave:

Four years time. Not sure whether the referendum will be sooner or not.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Can envisage Ireland knocking New Zealand out in their upcoming quarter final.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here