Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Dog Bore magazine

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could never be bothered to have a dog. Your life basically has to orbit around them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Could never be bothered to have a dog. Your life basically has to orbit around them.

Not something we've found in the two or so years since we've had Henry.

You just need to make provision for them, on occasion, in the same way you have to do if you want to piss off out/abroad without the kids.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not something we've found in the two or so years since we've had Henry.

You just need to make provision for them, on occasion, in the same way you have to do if you want to piss off out/abroad without the kids.

Exactly. Its like having another child, you either have to have them around you all day, or head back to make sure they're fed and watered. Everything you do, you must make provision for the dog.

The sheer LIBERTY of being out and about all day and being able to do something spontaneous without someone having to plod back home and take it out for a shit. I could never sacrifice that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Exactly. Its like having another child, you either have to have them around you all day, or head back to make sure they're fed and watered. Everything you do, you must make provision for the dog.

The sheer LIBERTY of being out and about all day and being able to do something spontaneous without someone having to plod back home and take it out for a shit. I could never sacrifice that.

Maybe we're doing something wrong, but I don't think that's ever happened. There are friends, neighbours and paid-for services for that sort of thing.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maybe we're doing something wrong, but I don't think that's ever happened. There are friends, neighbours and paid-for services for that sort of thing.

I didnt get much say in getting our Mutt, but he's a good boy! It is a bit like having another child, or family member for sure, but its a 2 way street. HE comes to work with me virtually all the time, and sometimes he has to go elsewhere.

TBH I've taken him to engineering workshops and the rolling road with race cars, he's better behaved and more sensible than a majority of adults I know. He also never has idiotic opinions about politics or football :ohmy: Rocco 0418-small.jpg

oh, and cats are bird killing c**ts

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Still hilarious IMO.

[tweet]430255032043573248[/tweet]

Cats are simply miles better. Discuss.

Screenshot_20191009-111827_Gallery.jpg

Grew up with dogs within the family, never actually owned one outright, still a joy to have.
But as we now have an indoor cat, it's great, I get to have conversations with him in the morning before going to work at some ungodly hour.
Company for Mrs AR, when I'm on nights.
When he goes bat shit crazy, running around the house being out witted by a fly or moth.
At first he only ate wet food, resorting in him having a dump and the smell was like something from Croydon.
Now on dry food, no smell at all.

Last edited:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I love dogs, they're great.

Try locking your dog and and your missus in the boot of the car for 30 minutes, and see which one is happier to see you.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
As the proud owner of two pedigree British Shorthair cats that cost obscene money I am a full subscriber to Cat Bore monthly. Love them!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

My jaundiced view is probably coloured by my sister and her two shih-tzu's. If she comes over for a BBQ or we all go out somewhere then they either have to come along, in which case she's running round after them, making sure they're not chewing stuff, picking up shit etc etc. Or what normally happens is her day is foreshortened, as they have to leave to go back and sort them out. The kids are grown up and have their own lives, so don't particularly want to be lumbered with this task, and she doesn't want to leave keys with the neighbours. Like I say, it all revolves around sorting the dogs out.

I don't dislike dogs, and maybe when I'm old, decrepit and largely housebound I might consider one. But ever since our kids have been old enough to take care of themselves, I just love the liberty of leaving the house without having to make any provisions whatsoever for anything (outside of the missus, obvs).

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I have never owned a cat so can only give my informed opinion on dogs. Having owned three labradors(sadly only one still with us) I can confirm they are the most loyal, loving companions anyone could wish for. Of course you need to make provision for them and you can’t always whizz off abroad at short notice but that is a minor inconvenience in comparison to the love, trust and devotion they unfailingly show(particularly if you feed them regularly!!).

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Still hilarious IMO.

[tweet]430255032043573248[/tweet]

Cats are simply miles better. Discuss.

First time I've seen that. It's brilliant.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My jaundiced view is probably coloured by my sister and her two shih-tzu's. If she comes over for a BBQ or we all go out somewhere then they either have to come along, in which case she's running round after them, making sure they're not chewing stuff, picking up shit etc etc. Or what normally happens is her day is foreshortened, as they have to leave to go back and sort them out. The kids are grown up and have their own lives, so don't particularly want to be lumbered with this task, and she doesn't want to leave keys with the neighbours. Like I say, it all revolves around sorting the dogs out.

I don't dislike dogs, and maybe when I'm old, decrepit and largely housebound I might consider one. But ever since our kids have been old enough to take care of themselves, I just love the liberty of leaving the house without having to make any provisions whatsoever for anything (outside of the missus, obvs).

Don't get me wrong, the following is certainly true:

No dog: no hassle.
Dog: some hassle.

I think our family life, including my own personal physical and mental health - improved by spending a few hours most days walking or running over the Downs with him - is better for having our lab.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
jDoG7Ge.jpg

*Not sure if that's too much for NSC. Mods, feel free to delete this and send me to cyber prison for a bit - my opinion of cats will not change. :whistle:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here