Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans facing lengthy bans for racism

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
FANS FACING LENGTHY BANS FOR RACISM

Three Brighton & Hove Albion fans are facing lengthy bans and potential criminal charges, following two separate incidents of racism during recent matches at the Amex.

The first incident involved two individuals attending the under-23 fixture against Tottenham Hotspur on Friday 27th September. They were ejected from the stadium and their details have been passed to Sussex Police for further investigation.

The second incident occurred at Saturday’s home fixture against Spurs in the Premier League, and the individual concerned was ejected by club stewards and arrested by police on his exit from the stadium.

Both incidents were reported directly to the club by fellow Albion fans attending the respective matches.

Chief executive and deputy chairman Paul Barber commented, “It’s very hard to comprehend why some individuals think it’s acceptable to behave in this way, but we are very clear that neither Brighton & Hove Albion, nor the wider football community, will tolerate racism or discrimination at any time, in any form.

“It is very encouraging that in both incidents our stewards were alerted to this totally unacceptable behaviour by other Albion fans and, working with Sussex Police, our staff were able to take swift action, which hopefully will increase the chances of a conviction.

“We do not want people exhibiting any kind of discriminatory or anti-social behaviour inside our stadium, and I would like to thank those Albion fans for reporting the incidents to us as soon as they heard it.

“We would urge any fans confronted with similar discriminatory behaviour to report it immediately, either directly to a steward or via our anonymous hotline, and we will take strong action.”

Both incidents are open investigations with Sussex Police, so at this stage the club will not be making any further comment.

Please report any anti-social behaviour during matches at the Amex. Either alerting a steward — or anonymously texting the Amex Control Room. Please text details of the location affected, descriptions and the nature of the issue to: 07880 196 442.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
............might have been the same bloke who at Stamford Bridge decided to try to start a chant of 'back in the kitchen, you should be back in the kitchen' at Sian Massey-Ellis and looked a bit surprised when most just turned and stared at him (no-one joined in), and the girl sat behind him gave him a few choice words (same guy also said - on seeing the lineup - that 'Potter has finally realised Propper is no good and hasn't even put him on the bench...........'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How unhappy must these people be in their private lives to get a kick out of this?

They can reflect on this 3pm every Saturday when they’re sat at home.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So on Saturday we were all sat within earshot of either a Spurs fan, a racist or a ....

... grass. :lol:

Good work from the club, thankfully we don't have such things in the Family Stand, as it should be.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He was two rows in front of us and was vile.

I think a few people were about to lamp him before the stewards man handled him away

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Makes you wonder what kind of parallel universe these people slither back to when they're not at a match.... Do they read the newspapers? Do they listen to the news?

Firstly you've got to be stupid enough to think it... After that, it's a whole new level of stupid to actually shout it. :nono:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How many Spurs fans were thrown out for their 'Yids' chant ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Phew …. I thought [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] had reported me to the mods for a moment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I think a few people were about to lamp him before the stewards man handled him away

What was he doing/saying, out of interest ? Was he drunk ?

Just cannot get my head round how someone in this day and age thinks they can get away with behaving like this in public. There are some severely f*cked up indiviuals on the loose.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The most encouraging thing on this is that the stewards actually took some action. My experience of reporting things like bad language and smoking to them has fallen on deaf ears.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The most encouraging thing on this is that the stewards actually took some action. My experience of reporting things like bad language and smoking to them has fallen on deaf ears.

Constantly turn a blind eye to this, the toilets always smell of smoke but they can hardly crash into the cubicle I guess?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good riddance.................good to have some idea of the extent of the abuse, sometimes read these announcements and wonder if there is a degree of heavy-handedness. Doesn't sound like it in this case.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
............might have been the same bloke who at Stamford Bridge decided to try to start a chant of 'back in the kitchen, you should be back in the kitchen' at Sian Massey-Ellis and looked a bit surprised when most just turned and stared at him (no-one joined in), and the girl sat behind him gave him a few choice words (same guy also said - on seeing the lineup - that 'Potter has finally realised Propper is no good and hasn't even put him on the bench...........'
Or maybe the ones hurling obscene abuse at Bong every time he went near the ball.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Swearing at a football match! We need more people like you at the games to ensure this is stopped immediately.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Swearing at a football match! We need more people like you at the games to ensure this is stopped immediately.

Swearing is all part of it - but only to an extent. If someone near me was constantly dropping the C-bomb all afternoon, especially with youngsters around, then I wouldn't put up with it.

el punal

How many Spurs fans were thrown out for their 'Yids' chant ?

Hang on a minute - there’s one thing to chant self-deprecating songs about your own team/fans, we do it with the “you’re too ugly to be gay” number, there’s the other when a song/chant/insult is deliberately provocative and upsets people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here