Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In football terms, to get brushed aside and blown away by Brighton was a disaster. It was

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Merson is exactly the sort of pundit who will be mocking us this week (because he’s too lazy to have watched us and updated his opinion since last season) and singing our praises in two or three weeks when he manages to catch some highlights of us playing well for the ninth game in a row before confidently telling the world we’re now a changed team as though he’s the first one to notice.

Don’t take the man seriously. Laugh at him like the bookies do.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
10th August Paul. Evidently you went to school when they were closed for the summer holidays. I think that explains a lot.

He meant bookies not school... or last time he drank 3 litres of vodka... the prick..

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don’t be daft. Chris Sutton and Paul Merson are no where near the same. Sutton and Bruce make for a very entertaining duo and Sutton is extremely articulated and often makes a point strongly. That’s not being angry or controversial for sake of. Massive difference. Where’s Merson struggles to string a sentence together, possibly because of the abuse he’s done to himself I don’t know. But he’s very much League 2 versus Sutton Premier League if you want to use that metaphor.

I turn off if Sutton is on......total w. anker..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seem to remember O'Hara was the one who threw his shirt into the crowd after we'd just relegated Wolves at the Amex - only for them to hurl it straight back at him.

Not sure that was that game. He wouldn’t have gone near the wolves fans that day as he gave them the bird when they were singing ‘40 grand you’re having a laugh’

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Spurs were in the Champions League final a few months ago, while we couldn't buy a win at home and had only won 1 game this season. We beat Spurs 3-0, that is a disaster for a club with Top 4 aspirations.

Had we not won on Saturday we'd be in the bottom 3 would we not? And yes our previous win was 3-0 against Watford... who are rooted to the bottom of the table.

Can't see much wrong with this?

I was fine with the sentiment but the last comment having a pop about us scoring 3 goals and also suggesting it’s ‘as bad as it gets’ for a club who just lost to Colchester in the cup is sensationalist talksport style bollocks and he’s a **** for it.

You could look at it another way and note Merse is saying we beat Spurs much more comprehensively than Bayern Munich :clap2:

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Its quite depressing that this bloke actually gets given fasands (I won't say "earns") for spouting semi-literate, ill-conceived, zero-researched pig-ignorant bollocks of the type you'd here from some slurring, drooling, slack-jawed coked-up moron, swaying there in his piss-splashed shoes and a baseball cap, propping up a bar in some tragic burnt-out urban hellhole with sticky floors in front of a dead-eyed knocked-up half cut barmaid vacantly shoving stale pork scratchings past her smeared slipstick, slowly chewing on them like a neglected cow on cud.

Yet Sky STILL see feet to strap this bewildered ape into a suit and tie, shove him in front of a camera, and allow him to bestow the nation with his half-baked drivel. I must be missing something.

Do you like him though?

Cirina

Apr 25, 2019
Eastbourne
Almost gets me annoyed, but I think we’ve just gotten used to it now.

#teamslikebrighton

I hate the whole #teamslikebrighton thing as it makes us sound like we don't belong in the league. Feck sake we earned our way into the league. I guess to some people we're nothing but a glorified league one team.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Usual lazy BS from one of the worst of the dreadful ex pro pundits we have in this country.

I got annoyed yesterday with a non ex pro though on the Totally Football Show - Emma Saunders - predicting we’re going to go down because we only won on Saturday because of Spurs problems and apparently we have ‘issues’. She didn’t justify those issues.

So what issues are they?! Having one of the most progressive, good, young managers in the league? Dominating. every league game we’ve played in this season bar City and Chelsea? Bringing through two of the most exciting youngsters in the country? Having three excellent, ball playing centre backs? A really good keeper? Pace and technical ability thoughout the team? Lazy BS.

She also predicted Southampton and Norwich to go down.

The other 17 teams must be awesome if we have issues and are going down.

I had the massive misfortune to listen to Big Sam on Talk Sport* this morning, co-hosting with that red faced dinosaur. I was slack-jawed with disbelief at most of what they said. The man is a complete imbecile. He was angling for the Everton job. And he topped it off by explaining how modern football, with playing it from the back, has ruined football.

* I know, I know, I deserved it, but was on a long journey in the car and an early start. I went to the #Together podcast once I'd remembered that it's on Spotify (highly recommended btw)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I turn off if Sutton is on......total w. anker..

I really think Beeb are onto something, the pairing of him and Sutton is a really good listen. They make me laugh and I enjoy their banter plus insight. Glad they’ve promoted to Sat 606 from Sunday, they were much better last season than Jason and Robbie who were ok but not as good. Sutton on the Monday Night Club is a bit like Steve Claridge who I didn’t always agree with but is extremely knowledgeable

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You could look at it another way and note Merse is saying we beat Spurs much more comprehensively than Bayern Munich :clap2:

Not that. Merson claims that Spuds were quality against Bayern for at least 45 minutes, with the goals at the end giving the false impression of a one-sided match. Then explaining that the Brighton result was worse because we couldn’t buy a win until Saturday, Spuds gave an awful performance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure that was that game. He wouldn’t have gone near the wolves fans that day as he gave them the bird when they were singing ‘40 grand you’re having a laugh’

Dunno when else it would've been then. We've rarely played them at the Amex, it certainly wasn't last season, their relegation year would fit. But I can't really be bothered to check.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you like him though?

His book "How Not to be a Professional Footballer" is the best thing he's ever had written for him, very entertaining. But its also a brutal insight into just what a catastrophic human being he is on every level, and why his opinions on football should generally be afforded about as much weight and gravitas as Kerry Katona's views on the Northern Ireland backstop policy.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Seem to remember O'Hara was the one who threw his shirt into the crowd after we'd just relegated Wolves at the Amex - only for them to hurl it straight back at him.

Dunno when else it would've been then. We've rarely played them at the Amex, it certainly wasn't last season, their relegation year would fit. But I can't really be bothered to check.

I think you might be conflating two different things from the same game, [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION]. O'Hara was certainly booed throughout that game, but as soon as the final whistle went he scarpered off the pitch. It was Roger Johnson who went over to the fans to give his shirt away, but no-one wanted it:-

You can stick your shirt Roger Johnson, say Wolves fans

Brighton 2 Wolves 0 - player ratings and match stats

THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS TAT : #12 : ROGER JOHNSON

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nicely cleared up as always [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you might be conflating two different things from the same game, [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION]. O'Hara was certainly booed throughout that game, but as soon as the final whistle went he scarpered off the pitch. It was Roger Johnson who went over to the fans to give his shirt away, but no-one wanted it:-

You can stick your shirt Roger Johnson, say Wolves fans

Brighton 2 Wolves 0 - player ratings and match stats

THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS TAT : #12 : ROGER JOHNSON

Nicely cleared up as always [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Yeh sorry to be a pedant, I just remember thinking if O’Hara went near those Wolves fans there would be a riot as he clearly incensed them sticking his finger up at them from the half way line. I think LuaLua got our first and it’s still the only Amex goal I’ve missed (for matches I’ve attended) as I drove and was late!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here