Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] In football terms, to get brushed aside and blown away by Brighton was a disaster. It was

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
From this weeks Merson Says:
https://www.skysports.com/football/...go-through-the-premier-league-season-unbeaten

“It's worrying times for Tottenham.

I was all for them the other day because when they lost 7-2, I didn't really see an awful lot wrong with that. I thought they got a lot of bad criticism for no reason because that game could've gone either way.

Spurs had good chances in the first half and they could've been three or four up at half-time. At 4-2 they were still in the game, but a mad five minutes really cost them. I backed them then because I thought it wasn't as bad as everybody was making out.

However, what happened on Saturday was an absolute joke. It was a worrying, worrying joke.

In football terms, to get brushed aside and blown away by Brighton was a disaster. It was as worrying as it gets on the football field.

People said to me after the Bayern game that Pochettino looked a bit calm. He was calm because he watched the game and it wasn't as bad as what it looked. Take the last few minutes away and it's 4-2. You'd sit back and think what a great game it was and that it could've gone either way. But the game against Brighton was a joke.

They should be extremely embarrassed. I think the last time Brighton scored three goals in a game I was at school”

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Almost gets me annoyed, but I think we’ve just gotten used to it now.

#teamslikebrighton

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
10th August Paul. Evidently you went to school when they were closed for the summer holidays. I think that explains a lot.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Let's see if he wants to back that with cash. I'll give him 5s.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Especially dopey as he forgot our 3-0 at Watford.. the one game that surprised most people. Guess he wasn’t paying attention.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
In punditry terms, spending more than a second or two contemplating the considered opinion of Mr Merson is disastrous in the extreme.
The man has the insight, intelligence and analytical skills of a jacket potato.
And that's probably being unfair to jacket potatoes.

Well said.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
his point might have had some weight (we are smaller fry as things stand), until the last sentance. anyone following football would then realise how worthless his view is.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Paul Merson is a car crash of a pundit. There’s nothing to get upset about here because he’s irrelevant.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
In cognitive function terms, to talk about football by Paul Merson is normally demonstrative of significant impairment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Merson is exactly the sort of pundit who will be mocking us this week (because he’s too lazy to have watched us and updated his opinion since last season) and singing our praises in two or three weeks when he manages to catch some highlights of us playing well for the ninth game in a row before confidently telling the world we’re now a changed team as though he’s the first one to notice.

And tipped us for relegation in our first Premier League season on the basis he did not know any of the players we signed.

He really is a grade A plonker

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And tipped us for relegation in our first Premier League season on the basis he did not know any of the players we signed.

He really is a grade A plonker

To be fair, neither did we!

Having said that, he's still fick as two - no, maybe just one short plank.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Almost gets me annoyed, but I think we’ve just gotten used to it now.

#teamslikebrighton

I love to keep hearing #teamslikebrighton, shows how often we are upsetting the natural order of things !

Man Utd twice, Arsenal, West Ham (lost count) and now Spurs !!.

We're coming for you !!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He's a moron. Who cares what he thinks?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Merson’s on The Debate on Sky Sports 1 just now, analysing the weekend’s results.

He can barely string two words together.

When he does, he repeats himself to emphasise his point and to fill the void. He just told us about 8 times that “Poch is a top manager”. Everything is “massive, massive”.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Merson is exactly the sort of pundit who will be mocking us this week (because he’s too lazy to have watched us and updated his opinion since last season) and singing our praises in two or three weeks when he manages to catch some highlights of us playing well for the ninth game in a row before confidently telling the world we’re now a changed team as though he’s the first one to notice.

This is scarily accurate of punditry in general.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In punditry terms, spending more than a second or two contemplating the considered opinion of Mr Merson is disastrous in the extreme.
The man has the insight, intelligence and analytical skills of a jacket potato.
And that's probably being unfair to jacket potatoes.

Yes, very unfair to the Baked Potato indeed. Most are vastly more intelligent than the imbecile you describe. Their simple wisdom knows no bounds:

https://youtu.be/bPsY_nhTtxg

You’re lucky I don’t report you for being Spudist.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here