Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The bookings on Saturday

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now I know it could be blue tinted spectacles but, the three bookings Saturday

Dier (and never was a player more aptly named) elbowing Connolly off the ball - Yellow card
Dunk being sexually assaulted by Kane - Yellow card
Stephens being pushed in the chest and then getting the ball kicked at him - Yellow card

I was furious with the decisions at the time, but the result soothed my ire somewhat. Looking back the decisions against us were atrocious.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As mentioned elsewhere, Dunk is now just one booking away from a ban now as well. If Duffy remains crocked for a while, we could well be seeing a VERY new-look defence soon.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Now I know it could be blue tinted spectacles but, the three bookings Saturday

Dier (and never was a player more aptly named) elbowing Connolly off the ball - Yellow card
Dunk being sexually assaulted by Kane - Yellow card
Stephens being pushed in the chest and then getting the ball kicked at him - Yellow card

I was furious with the decisions at the time, but the result soothed my ire somewhat. Looking back the decisions against us were atrocious.

The biggest shock is how Sissoko managed to escape any bookings!!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The bookings were a joke.

The ref was useless, he clearly looked like he was favouring Spurs, like he pitied them. Strange to see such obvious bias in the premier league, generally I think the referee’s are excellent and I don’t go along with the big club thing usually.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As mentioned elsewhere, Dunk is now just one booking away from a ban now as well. If Duffy remains crocked for a while, we could well be seeing a VERY new-look defence soon.

The choice appears to be bring in Balogun or move Burn more central and bring in Bong or Bernardo. I wouldnt think that he will risk taking a chance on Hayden Roberts but who knows.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Duffy is still trying to get fit to travel with Ireland (see today's Argus) so very unlikely to still be crocked in 3 weeks time, which is the soonest Dunk could be suspended.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The paddy’s still hoping he could be fit for weekend so imagine 3 weeks minimum won’t be an issue.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
The bookings were a joke.

The ref was useless, he clearly looked like he was favouring Spurs, like he pitied them. Strange to see such obvious bias in the premier league, generally I think the referee’s are excellent and I don’t go along with the big club thing usually.

They often seem to favour the bigger clubs in my opinion. Familiarity with the players maybe.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Surely people remember John Moss from last season's home game v Chelsea? Denied us two blatant pens. Always favours the 'big' teams. The Stephens booking was ludicrous.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Whatever people like to say about refs being unbiased, I'm still of the opinion that they pick on the smaller clubs to get their average quota a cards up.

I was at Stamford Bridge where again the ref was biased in favour of the bigger club Chelsea, two blatant corners for the Albion were not given, how he didn't see them was beyond me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Duffy is still trying to get fit to travel with Ireland (see today's Argus) so very unlikely to still be crocked in 3 weeks time, which is the soonest Dunk could be suspended.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

The paddy’s still hoping he could be fit for weekend so imagine 3 weeks minimum won’t be an issue.

McCarthy will be desperate to have Duffy back, being as Keogh has written himself off for the forseeable. But I'm not thrilled at the idea of him half killing himself to be fit for Oireland. They should find an alternative backstop.

And since when have BHA players started emerging from the treatment room on or ahead of schedule ? That'd be a new one.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely people remember John Moss from last season's home game v Chelsea? Denied us two blatant pens. Always favours the 'big' teams. The Stephens booking was ludicrous.

And Alonso should have been off, two bookable offences pulling players back and the professional foul on March.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The choice appears to be bring in Balogun or move Burn more central and bring in Bong or Bernardo. I wouldnt think that he will risk taking a chance on Hayden Roberts but who knows.

More likely Burn and Webster would go central, with Bong / Bernardo at LB and Montoya RB in a more conventional back 4, I'd have thought. Not sure he fancies Balogun.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean

Thankfully Balogun is fit again if Duffy isn’t ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here