Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Tesco superstore hove parking

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Does anyone know if this is free parking for 2hrs or you have to buy something?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
it totally isn't - you have to spend at least (i think) a fiver, get a code from the cashier and validate it on the machines outside

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I got done there earlier in the summer. Did a snide and parked over near that slip road as I fancied a quick mince up and down George St. I was only about an hour, didn't buy anything at Tesco though and drove off. Two weeks later I get the CCTV picture of my motor through the post, bang to rights. £60 fine, £30 if I paid within 2 weeks. I'd done that LOADS of times in the past and never fallen foul of it. Lesson learned now though.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Used the car park this morning to nip into Santander as all local branches to me have shut down.
Probably no more that 25 mins so should be ok then?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I got done there earlier in the summer. Did a snide and parked over near that slip road as I fancied a quick mince up and down George St. I was only about an hour, didn't buy anything at Tesco though and drove off. Two weeks later I get the CCTV picture of my motor through the post, bang to rights. £60 fine, £30 if I paid within 2 weeks. I'd done that LOADS of times in the past and never fallen foul of it. Lesson learned now though.

No, no, no, no, NO. What sort of ATTITUDE is THAT? All you did is flagrantly contravene the stated terms, clearly displayed.

I believe from reading such threads over the years, the CORRECT response, includes reference to FIGHTING it IN COURT, referring it to our two resident PCN-ULTRAS... its NOT a ticket, its an invoice, blah blah blah

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No, no, no, no, NO. What sort of ATTITUDE is THAT? All you did is flagrantly contravene the stated terms, clearly displayed.

I believe from reading such threads over the years, the CORRECT response, includes reference to FIGHTING it IN COURT, referring it to our two resident PCN-ULTRAS... its NOT a ticket, its an invoice, blah blah blah

:lolol:

I went through all the usual stages - denial, anger, depression. EventualIy I ended up at weary acceptance, did an online transfer, sighed and got on with my life.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Isn't there a scam going on at the moment whereby private parking companies are setting themselves up in pubs and some shopping areas
and fining people for overstaying etc, but it's actually legally unenforceable. In other words, if you don;t pay it they can't take you to court.

But enough people are paying it because they think it's legit. Sooner or later - these companies will fold, but they've made enough from the
poor people who didn't know about it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

This

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
:lolol:

I went through all the usual stages - denial, anger, depression. EventualIy I ended up at weary acceptance, did an online transfer, sighed and got on with my life.

There’s a scam going on where in many cases selfish lazy people park knowingly where they shouldn’t, get a ticket then cry like a little bitch when the PCN comes through..

Pickles

May 5, 2014
There’s a scam going on where in many cases selfish lazy people park knowingly where they shouldn’t, get a ticket then cry like a little bitch when the PCN comes through..

And it's such a coincidence, that all of them are only ever 5 minutes late coming back.......

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Are you a traffic warden by any chance? :)

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

You don't have much LUCK with travel do you ? When you TRY to get on a 700 the driver SHUTS the doors and drives off. When you try and park at TESCO you get a PARKING ticket. Have you ever WONDERED that you may well be some KIND of BUFFOON who shouldn't be allowed OUTSIDE without a NURSE ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You don't have much LUCK with travel do you ? When you TRY to get on a 700 the driver SHUTS the doors and drives off. When you try and park at TESCO you get a PARKING ticket. Have you ever WONDERED that you may well be some KIND of BUFFOON who shouldn't be allowed OUTSIDE without a NURSE ???

I had a CRASH in June as well. Well actually, some stupid BINT crashed into ME.

I try to stay home more.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Morning all! Resurrecting this thread as I want to pop to George Street today. Do Tescos still allow you to park for under 30 mins for free, or do you now have to buy something?

Ta!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here