Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Avoiding a result when landing after a long flight

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No WiFi on flight....does anyone know of a way to go straight to some highlights without seeing the result? This is for a 3pm kick off so not televised. If you log onto sky it shows the bloody result for their mini highlights.

Any help appreciated. I guess I could look at match thread on NSC from beginning and turn off all WhatsApp/SMS

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If you subscribe to Sky Sports, half hour highlights programmes are shown from late evening to early hours on PL channel 402, results are not shown
I do have sky at home but I will be landing in the states..... !

Tricky

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't watch MOTD, bizarrely Linekar announced the result just before the highlights started

He didn't, he referenced how our last run of games without a win in the top flight was ended by a win over Spurs in 1983. It wasn't clearly worded but that was what he was referring to.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Last time I was on a long haul flight, they had Whatsapp (with no images) and Text only unless you paid 10 Gazillion pounds for a Wi Fi connection. Keen to know the score and unwilling to re-mortgage by house, I texted my mate to ask how we were getting on. The comedian texted me back that we were 0-5 down.

It was only when the 3rd separate person texted me to tell me the same score I realised it was true.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Does the Sky Sports Football Youtube site show the score on their highlights videos?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
England v Croatia in Euro 2004 I was on a plane coming back from Cyprus, determined to avoid the result and watch the full 90 when I got in. Even the captain came on over the tannoy and said something like "I understand a few of you are looking to avoid the England score, so rest assured I won't read it out". We landed at Gatwick, I left my phone off, did my best to avoid anyone in a football shirt, got to the baggage reclaim area and looked on the overhead digital signs for our flight number. To my dismay, scrolling across the flight number displays on a loop....England 4 Croatia 2.

FFS.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The football highlights subreddit always avoids spoilers. Get the app if you haven't already and try that?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you subscribe to Sky Sports, half hour highlights programmes are shown from late evening to early hours on PL channel 402, results are not shown
I was a bit shocked to find that they didn't have the half hour highlights of our game this weekend. Presumably BT's rights meant they couldn't show it. I guess that wouldn't affect a 3pm start.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
No WiFi on flight....does anyone know of a way to go straight to some highlights without seeing the result? This is for a 3pm kick off so not televised. If you log onto sky it shows the bloody result for their mini highlights.

Any help appreciated. I guess I could look at match thread on NSC from beginning and turn off all WhatsApp/SMS

Erm... you haven't actually said what match you are interested in.
Duh!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Last time I was on a long haul flight, they had Whatsapp (with no images) and Text only unless you paid 10 Gazillion pounds for a Wi Fi connection. Keen to know the score and unwilling to re-mortgage by house, I texted my mate to ask how we were getting on. The comedian texted me back that we were 0-5 down.

It was only when the 3rd separate person texted me to tell me the same score I realised it was true.

At least you avoided actually being at the Bournemouth game. I'd have willingly re-mortgaged by house to have avoided a drubbing by Smug Eddie.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Can you ever got a wifi signal on a plane? I travel 4-5 times a year and never considered it was a possibility.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Lovely. What time do they appear ? Thanks

I couldn't say but I think the nerds are pretty fast, especially for big games.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If I could sit on a flight and watch Brighton play live on my laptop, it would probably take the whole flight journey for the reality of that scenario to sink in.

It only feels like yesterday when 390 on Ceefax was as good as it got.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Can you ever got a wifi signal on a plane? I travel 4-5 times a year and never considered it was a possibility.

Most long haul flights I have been on recently have had it. It’s not free though (other than a tiny bit of data) and probably not up to streaming footie.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here