Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charlie Oatway (back at the Amex)

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Anyone see Charlie Oatway on the box in the crowd after Connolly's first goal on Sat? Outfitted in the very latest BHA tracksuit, seemed odd that he was there. Wiki has him listed still as Eastbourne Borough assistant coach, and they were playing at 3 in the FA Cup, away in Dulwich.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone know if CO has got a second book in the offing? 'Charlie Does China' maybe? Tales of his global travels on the Gus Bus would be a sure fire WINNAH! :clap:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thought I'd look him up on Wikipedia and was surprised at his full name and the fact that Charles or Charlie isn't one of his many names. When he had 11 first names to choose from he has ended up using a 12th name instead!

Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway (born 28 November 1973), more commonly known as Charlie Oatway

He must run out of room on forms that require your middle names!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
His granny said he looked like a proper Charlie in his youth and it stuck.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Thought I'd look him up on Wikipedia and was surprised at his full name and the fact that Charles or Charlie isn't one of his many names. When he had 11 first names to choose from he has ended up using a 12th name instead!

Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway (born 28 November 1973), more commonly known as Charlie Oatway

without wishing to be rude...how old are you ? Charlie is named after the whole QPR team the year of his birth

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Anyone see Charlie Oatway on the box in the crowd after Connolly's first goal on Sat? Outfitted in the very latest BHA tracksuit, seemed odd that he was there. Wiki has him listed still as Eastbourne Borough assistant coach, and they were playing at 3 in the FA Cup, away in Dulwich.

Surprised. I was under the impression he is bitter towards the club.

A mate of mine saw him in the County Oak in Hollingbury a few months back and asked him if he ever made it to the Amex these days, has answer was something like 'what to watch that shower of shit?' Or words to that effect.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
without wishing to be rude...how old are you ? Charlie is named after the whole QPR team the year of his birth

Nothing rude and I'm young enough not to know that fact. Still intriguing that with so many names to choose from he picked one that wasn't already on his birth certificate!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Saw him turn out at Southwick for the John Shepherd Memorial match. He filled the Albion shirt he wore quite uncomfortably.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought it was him, but then just assumed it was a looky-likey doppleganger.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

A mate of mine saw him in the County Oak in Hollingbury a few months back and asked him if he ever made it to the Amex these days, has answer was something like 'what to watch that shower of shit?' Or words to that effect.

Indeed, at a North West Sussex Seagulls meeting a few years ago, he stated that he would never set foot in the Amex again, until a new chairman had been appointed.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I went to the gym near the stadium before the game, and Charlie was there as he often is.

He joined me in the jacuzzi.

He was wearing a pair of Sheffield United shorts.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Well if that was his answer, perhaps he needs to mind his Q's, P's and R's :D

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Capture3.PNG

Clearly him!! Minute 9.00 on the highlight reel.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

At that going up final game of the season at Grimsby some unknown years ago I asked him about those QPR Christian names at half time. His response was rather unsettling.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Fair enough. Don’t think anyone will miss him

Indeed liked him as a player but what was his real contribution under Poyet? I stand to be corrected but I can imagine he was just Mr Motivator to stir the troops up while Gus did the clever tactical stuff. This theory is borne out by the fact that he's only ever been an assistant.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here