Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Labourer required to work on extension in Hove

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I need a labourer to help build an extension in central Hove please.

No experience necessary, but you’d need to be practical.
Jobs will include knocking things down, wheelbarrowing, mixing concrete, and eventually things like cutting timber and putting plasterboard up.
Work to start asap, and can be from a month to 6 months, depending what jobs you’d like to get involved with.

If you can anyone recommend someone, or yourself, please post or pm me.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How much a day ? Not for me but one of my lads

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you building your own extension? ??? Brave man.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
When I saw the title I thought it was supposed to be in the BREXIT thread.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Are you expecting to take on a builder as an employee, who will end up being the project manager and will have to train you and your unskilled labourer, advise on safety issues and choice of materials ? Good look with that!

If contract, you'll be lucky to find a (non-cowboy) builder happy to work with inexperienced labourers.

Will it be filmed by Grand Designs?

More likely Cowboy Trap

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are you expecting to take on a builder as an employee, who will end up being the project manager
No.
and will have to train you and your unskilled labourer, advise on safety issues and choice of materials ?
No. I've plenty of building experience, but I'm not a brickie, sparky etc, so I'll get in the trades to do the work. But I am capable of pushing a wheelbarrow without training from a builder thanks.

If contract, you'll be lucky to find a (non-cowboy) builder happy to work with inexperienced labourers.
They won't be working with any inexperienced labourers. I could work with one and I'm happy to train them if needed.

Not sure why you've jumped to the conclusion that I'm inexperienced or that I'd use cowboy builders :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Keep us updated with pics, Trig, as work progresses...
Could do I guess. Not sure others will be interested though. Unless something goes wrong of course, and then they'll be desperate to see it all :)

As a tradesman when the customer says I can help I tend to run :)
I know what you mean, but not what I'm looking for here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here