Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly's Second Goal

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
How many times have I watched this? Well over 20 so far and incrementing nicely ...truly sublime from Dunky's pass all the way to the ball going into the back of the net.

Perhaps we should merge this with the count to 500,000 thread?

Breathtakingly brilliant!

TNBA

TTF

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Beautiful goal that.

Sensed as soon as nodded it on that he had one thing in his mind.

Easily my favourite moment of the season so far

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
And a point I made in the pub yesterday, why does everyone focus on how crap Spurs were, rather than how good we were?

This is probably one of the greatest goals in the stadium's history?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just a shame that no one celebrated it, as everyone waited for VAR.

I cant stand VAR, but that is an example of a goal which it's impossible to see how you could chalk it off. He's miles onside, no suspicion of controlling it with his hand etc

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Match of the Day correctly pointed out that his threat comes from his ability to go past someone on either side.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Match of the Day correctly pointed out that his threat comes from his ability to go past someone on either side.

Same applies to Trossard, and differently to Gross (he can cross with both feet)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His second goal was excellent - but such goals are relatively commonplace. Knocky got one last year, and I'm pretty sure there was a similar one on MOTD on Saturday. His first goal, however, that was world class - the instinctive back-heel (complete improvisation, and brilliant) followed by lightning reactions (those of a class striker) to get first to the rebound. Sheer instinct, pure class.

Two good goals - but the first was definitely the better of the two.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Same applies to Trossard, and differently to Gross (he can cross with both feet)

I had forgotten about Trossard...how good will be with him available again? My oh my these are exciting times.....

Gross was different gravy on Saturday. The cross for the first goal was routine as a tip over the bar but had far too much pace and dip to try and claim. That was Lloris's main issue in trying to deal with it.

TNBA

TTF

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Dunk is so good at those passes, my mind has gone blank, who did he set up like that a few weeks ago? As for Connolly had he been a step closer he would have scored rather than Maupay and got a hat trick. Bloody marvellous. In his interview he kept talking about paying back the faith that had been shown in him. Lets hope he pays the club back by hanging around for a few seasons before he takes the serious money.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dunk is so good at those passes, my mind has gone blank, who did he set up like that a few weeks ago?
Maupay, first game of the season. He played a nice little ball for Baldock a few years back, but two assists like that is a great start to this season.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just a shame that no one celebrated it, as everyone waited for VAR.
Really? His first, definitely for me as I thought he looked offside from the first ball whereas his movement meant he was actually well onside. But the second never looked in doubt for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No. At the stadium everyone celebrated like it was the good old days. There wasn't even a cheer (for the completion of VAR) when Spurs kicked off. Watching it on MOTD you could see the North Stand celebrate as one as it happened.

VAR will chalk of some goals, and there will be times where we remain reserved and tense until after kick-off, but (thankfully) it's clear we'll still get to celebrate some goals with wild abandon, as we used to.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
His second goal was excellent - but such goals are relatively commonplace. Knocky got one last year, and I'm pretty sure there was a similar one on MOTD on Saturday. His first goal, however, that was world class - the instinctive back-heel (complete improvisation, and brilliant) followed by lightning reactions (those of a class striker) to get first to the rebound. Sheer instinct, pure class.

Two good goals - but the first was definitely the better of the two.

Heck, it's lovely to agree with you.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No. At the stadium everyone celebrated like it was the good old days. There wasn't even a cheer (for the completion of VAR) when Spurs kicked off. Watching it on MOTD you could see the North Stand celebrate as one as it happened.

VAR will chalk of some goals, and there will be times where we remain reserved and tense until after kick-off, but (thankfully) it's clear we'll still get to celebrate some goals with wild abandon, as we used to.

Not his first for me though. :down: I would make a useless lino but we aren't paid to watch the line. I wasn't far off being in line and because he was ahead of the defenders when he had the first shot, I was convinced he was off. VAR will often cause that doubt and cause conflicted feelings if we do score. We have yet to have the other side of it when a goal is chalked off for the other team but that won't make up for not being able to fully celebrate some goals. The days of a nervous glance at the lino followed by ecstasy may have gone for good. And I find that sad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here