Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Labour new policy for football fans to hire and fire club directors

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A desperate attempt to re-engage the Labour heartlands, who almost all voted strongly to leave, an issue which the PLP and all the momentum luvvies who joined for 50p (or however much it was) can't bring themselves to address?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A desperate attempt to re-engage the Labour heartlands, who almost all voted strongly to leave, an issue which the PLP and all the momentum luvvies who joined for 50p (or however much it was) can't bring themselves to address?

Momentum aren't "luvvies" though are they ? They've all been forced out.

These seem very sensible proposals. Actually the sort of thing Theresa May would come up. Boris is a Rugby man and probably kicking himself he didn't come up with a similar ruse.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Momentum aren't "luvvies" though are they ? They've all been forced out.

These seem very sensible proposals. Actually the sort of thing Theresa May would come up. Boris is a Rugby man and probably kicking himself he didn't come up with a similar ruse.
Agree with you about Boris and rugger buggers - I'll give you that!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

um, don't you always cry and kick all your toys out of the pram when people bring Brexit into non Brexit threads?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Let's vote out Bloom and bring in someone who wants to build a monorail from the amex to Brighton city centre and increase the stadium to 40k. Preferably someone who's willing to cut corners.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why arent communities, supporters trusts already buying stakes in clubs large enough to do the proposed actions? its expensive. with government mandated divesting of shares and appointment of directors, this will reduce investment. prehaps thats what we all want. need to change company law, so are they going to change it for all companies, enforcing public ownership?

and why exactly is Ashley such a "bad owner"?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Extremely sensible stuff. I dont know how someone could say it isnt. Maybe you just read the name of the party/politican and ignore the proposal itself... Stop that shit.

"Legislate to give supporters' trusts the power to appoint and remove at least two members of a club's board of directors"

YES. Swansea Supporters Trust own ****ing 20% of the club but doesnt even get to see where the money goes. With this legislation it would perhaps actually be worth for supporters to get involved in their teams as it wouldnt be 100% guaranteed anyone could **** you over at any point.

"Legislate to enable supporters' trusts to purchase shares when clubs change hands"

YES. Using Swansea as an example again: Huw Jenkins could never secretly have sold the club to Jason Levien & Steve Kaplan (dirty, lazy ****ing....... Americans) if this legislation was in place.

"Ensure that the Premier League invests 5% of income from television rights into grassroots football"

YES. I guess this is one of the things where people will go "ahhh ****in communist, whats next, Gulag???", but I like it.

"Enforce anti-bot legislation to crack down on ticket-tout websites selling tickets at inflated prices"

YES. Mainly because I want to see the Antibots fight the Autobots.

"Ban zero-hours contracts and guarantee a "living wage" of at least £10 per hour for all staff, including those working at football stadia on match days"

This is a controversial one, paying or not paying workers have always been a political divider. But I say YES.

"Add women's sporting events, including the women's football world cup, to the list of key sporting events to be broadcast on free-to-air TV"

I DONT CARE!

"Improve access provision for disabled sports fans by ensuring improvements are made and by prioritising action to make clubs comply with obligations under the 2010 Equality Act"

This is probably good so YES

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What a load of rubbish.

Also looking at the complete wrong end of the leagues !!

Mike Ashley might be a vile human but Newcastle are in the premier league... solvent and spend money on players. Seems a strange one for Corbyn to dig out bearing in mind what’s just happened at Bury and Bolton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You really are a tedious and bitter bell-end.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
why arent communities, supporters trusts already buying stakes in clubs large enough to do the proposed actions? its expensive. with government mandated divesting of shares and appointment of directors, this will reduce investment. prehaps thats what we all want. need to change company law, so are they going to change it for all companies, enforcing public ownership?

and why exactly is Ashley such a "bad owner"?

Because, if their set up is like Brighton’s, shares can only be sold to existing shareholders. Which is a bit ironic really bearing in mind the problems with Archer and Stanley, and their henchman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here