Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Trafalgar Wines

Jul 7, 2003
Sadly it seems that Trafalgar Wines is closing down at the end of this week. After more than 30 years, Steve is retiring. He may have been a miserable so and so to those who didn't know him but that man really knew his beer.

I always thought he would die when the floor finally gave way under the weight of beers and he was crushed under hundreds of bottles of craft beer.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I gigged at the Albert and procured a few bottles for when I got home last weekend . . . . the floor seemed a little more wobbly than normal.

No doubt it'll be repaired, renovated and reopened as a hipster doylee shop or some such useless twaddle.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's sad news, best beer shop in Brighton without a doubt. I shall have to make a few final purchases before he finally shuts up shop

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Shame, fantastic range of booze. What the hell is he going to do with the stock?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I used to pop in to the place on my way to visiting an ex up in Queens Park area. Would buy some cider and cans of Colt45. Thing is that was at least 41 years ago!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
What a shame. I agree the best place to buy Craft Beer in Brighton.
I was there a couple of months ago and he seemed quite happy and his only complaint was that he finds it hard for cover yo open the shop if he wants a holiday. Also a good friend of his who worked in the shop passed away last year and he has been hard to replace.
Will pop down this week. Gutted if it is definitely true.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
real shame, he's a big Man U fan despite being a brummie. his mate who helped him out was a massive seagulls fan

crazy to think that not long ago it was the only offie in North Laine

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That's a real shame. They've always stocked a great selection of beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here