Both worked for TC
Just got married
She was pregnant
Booked on a TC package

Felt so sorry for them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can’t believe all this heart bleeding. Especially because the number one reason they went bust is because we the consumer chose not to spend our money with them, instead we love cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap everything and value **** all. Same in retail, hospitality, automobiles, tech industries...you name it, we the British public want our cake and eat it. Poor little bookshop, I love them so...what’s that? I can get it £2 cheaper and sit on my couch stuffing pizza whilst gorging on boxsets? Yes please, feck ‘em, where do I click instead? Anyway, eventually automation will kill so many jobs no one will earn anything and consequently no one can spend anything and the whole rotten capitalist model will collapse. Rant over!! :) But yes, remember those poor Thomas Cook people when you book Ryan Air and an Uber from the airport to your Air BnB: oh and don’t forget to pack your hypocrisy!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Can’t believe all this heart bleeding. Especially because the number one reason they went bust is because we the consumer chose not to spend our money with them, instead we love cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap everything and value **** all. Same in retail, hospitality, automobiles, tech industries...you name it, we the British public want our cake and eat it. Poor little bookshop, I love them so...what’s that? I can get it £2 cheaper and sit on my couch stuffing pizza whilst gorging on boxsets? Yes please, feck ‘em, where do I click instead? Anyway, eventually automation will kill so many jobs no one will earn anything and consequently no one can spend anything and the whole rotten capitalist model will collapse. Rant over!! :) But yes, remember those poor Thomas Cook people when you book Ryan Air and an Uber from the airport to your Air BnB: oh and don’t forget to pack your hypocrisy!

The market is too bloated.

There is/was far too much capacity out of the UK

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

True, but other large and medium size package operators have survived. Not sure how exactly ... either by evolving with the e-commerce times, or by sticking to their core audience and delivering. Millions, admittedly less than 20 years ago, still like to buy an entire package. Going by an excellent article in The Times a fortnight ago, successive TC Boards flitted between the two strategies. Fatal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just received a letter saying that due to the TC debacle my flights have been changed (I booked via Inghams to ski). My new flights are exactly the same as my old ones, but now branded as British Airways. Oh well. Feeling somewhat relieved I didn't book at TC and called Ingham direct. Still, plenty of time for Ingam to go tits-up, or Austria to demand I pay squillions for a visa after we exit the EU out of Boris' fat backside.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
True, but other large and medium size package operators have survived. Not sure how exactly ... either by evolving with the e-commerce times, or by sticking to their core audience and delivering. Millions, admittedly less than 20 years ago, still like to buy an entire package. Going by an excellent article in The Times a fortnight ago, successive TC Boards flitted between the two strategies. Fatal.

Don’t you bring your FACTS into this Westie, I stand by every word of my RANT! :annoyed:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

We will see a bounce in package holidays being booked now.

The demand is still there, as is retail stores for booking.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Definitely the customers fault and nothing to do with senior management taking their well deserved bonuses whilst building a business for the future ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here