Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aussie BHA / Seagulls Down Under

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Came across this from yesterday which is worth a watch for first 10 mins. Thought the Albion guy actually knows more than most on here :lol:

Anyone met / know him? I’m intrigued to know how / why he supports us. I always assumed SDU was from emigrated Sussex fans!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This is a strange program. People just view a bunch of guys chatting and watching a game on TV?

Its like being in a pub, but not allowed to watch the screen :shrug:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I don’t know him personally but have sent him a message via the Seagulls Downunder FB page.

[MENTION=17154]Seagulls Downunder[/MENTION]

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This is a strange program. People just view a bunch of guys chatting and watching a game on TV?

Its like being in a pub, but not allowed to watch the screen :shrug:
Interesting, nevertheless. Still wouldn't sit and watch the whole of it though - there's only so much of a lifetime to spare!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Interesting, nevertheless. Still wouldn't sit and watch the whole of it though - there's only so much of a lifetime to spare!

Yeh I did only do 10 mins and also watched the reaction to the goals!

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney

Came across this from yesterday which is worth a watch for first 10 mins. Thought the Albion guy actually knows more than most on here :lol:

Anyone met / know him? I’m intrigued to know how / why he supports us. I always assumed SDU was from emigrated Sussex fans!

His dad is a Sussex ex pat Albion fan. We do have a few Aussies on our page that have no links to Sussex but have followed the Albion for many years for a number of
different reasons and long before Maty arrived on the scene.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I had a long pressure cleaning job on, so I put it on and listened to the whole thing. Really knowledgeable bunch of guys. 2 of them are refs so it was interesting to hear their take on decisions. Not much of it was about the game. But it was fun reliving some of the highlights.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I had a long pressure cleaning job on, so I put it on and listened to the whole thing. Really knowledgeable bunch of guys. 2 of them are refs so it was interesting to hear their take on decisions. Not much of it was about the game. But it was fun reliving some of the highlights.

Andrew & his mates from the Australian Defence Force provide the qualified officials for our REMF match.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I just hope that Seagulls Down Under flourishes and grows and gets huge encouragement from the club. Volunteer groups like this are part of every club but in the case of the Albion they should be part of its soul.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Fantastic to have a fan group Down Under - I believe even PB's sister (who lives in Australia) has attended a SDU gathering. Needs every bit of support - Reidy & Steve L wave the flag brilliantly. Long may it continue to grow and flourish.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
His dad is a Sussex ex pat Albion fan. We do have a few Aussies on our page that have no links to Sussex but have followed the Albion for many years for a number of
different reasons and long before Maty arrived on the scene.

I went to a couple of Seagulls Downunder meetups when I was out in Sydney for a few months in 2006/7. I remember the one guy who only supported The Albion because he came from Brighton, Australia :lolol:

It's great having supporters groups around the world. We've been trying to grow our "Seagulls Over Toronto" group over the last couple of years. We usually get 5-10 people turning up to the pub we've made our home on Saturday mornings. We ended up going to the Spurs pub last Saturday as our usual place wasn't going to open for the match at 7:30am. The Spurs fans were a very friendly bunch and they even bought us a round of shots at 8:30am. They told us we're not welcome back though!

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I went to a couple of Seagulls Downunder meetups when I was out in Sydney for a few months in 2006/7. I remember the one guy who only supported The Albion because he came from Brighton, Australia :lolol:

I think I met you at one of those, The Argyle in The Rocks. He, Jason, is still about, involved, or was, with the Sydney FC supporters club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here