Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion 3-0 Spurs MATCH REPORT

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
A BRILLIANT game yesterday, one of the best results, and one of the best performances we have seen in a long time. Perhaps even one of our best displays of all time...

Surely you want to relive it, now the euphoria has evaporated? Of course you do.

Dunk takes the ball out of defence, waiting for Tottenham pressure that doesn’t come. The captain sends a delicious curing pass directly into the path of Connolly, severing our opponent’s spine in two with ease. A repeat scenario as Connolly is freed down the left, and has no hesitation tearing at the Tottenham defence. The Irishman jinks inside, and absolutely buries it in the bottom right-hand corner. A brilliant, brilliant goal. So much confidence, and so much ability too. Connolly takes his plaudits in front of the North, and kisses the badge. What a sight that is. Brighton and Hove Albion THREE (3), Tottenham Hotspur NIL. Surely our best and most complete performance in the Premier League to date.

Read it all in its glory HERE: https://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?829-Albion-3-0-Spurs-05-10-19

UTA :albion2::albion2::albion2:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
No artwork?!

I’m afraid not, my sincerest apologies. My poor girlfriend was working nights, and was just too tired to do the usual favour of knocking up some ARTWORK. And trust me, you wouldn’t want to see my efforts :lol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Thanks for that. Good reading as always, but especially enjoyable this time. When I got home from the game yesterday, I spent the afternoon watching it again having recorded the BT coverage. I watched the highlights again on MOTD and have it on again in the background at the moment. I'll turn it off before MOTD2. I quite enjoyed that game you know.

One thing that BT's coverage said was that it was VAR that told Moss to book Dier. The incident happened on the ref's blind side, so he didn't give anything. Apparently the VAR ref told him there was a bookable offence and he booked him at the next break in play.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great report as always.

One thing I didn't see – and I might have missed it – was the trademark Ryan sprint down the field to celebrate the goals. Did he do it on Saturday?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No artwork has spoiled your report; indeed, it has spoiled the entire weekend :flounce:

Only kidding..............brilliant report as always summarising a spectacular performance. Thanks.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I’m afraid not, my sincerest apologies. My poor girlfriend was working nights, and was just too tired to do the usual favour of knocking up some ARTWORK. And trust me, you wouldn’t want to see my efforts :lol:
Oh, but we really do. Utterly disappointed with lack of ARTWORK. Good job the report was top class. Well done. Great work as usual.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great report as always.

One thing I didn't see – and I might have missed it – was the trademark Ryan sprint down the field to celebrate the goals. Did he do it on Saturday?

I didn't notice him join the first celebration - he's a decent chap, and I reckon that he probably tempered it, because the goal was the result of a howler by a fellow keeper.

He did set off to join in the bundle after Connolly's first, but only got as far as half-way - Potter called him across to the bench to talk to him about something.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Dunk need to teach the medical staff how he does his curing pass so they can apply it to the crocks.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Stephens booking was correct imho. He did not just stand in front of the ball, he moved his leg to prevent the pass being completed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here