Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Magnificent 1901 food thread lunchtime special!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don't usually partake of the food but a lunchtime kickoff meant I gave it a go. And wow - what a treat. Everything pictured for just £7.90. I felt like royalty. Not just the amazing sausage and farm fresh bread but actual real Kenco instant coffee in a paper cup. I passed on the onions before actually seeing the food and glad I did as it would have ruined the open spaces of the roll which were quite clearly there to blend in with the swooping Downs.

thumbnail.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quality Sodexo upmarket corporate hospitality catering at it’s best :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
‘Hospitality’, including dress code, is like some in-joke when it comes to football. A rusty service for golden prices if ever there were. You’ve got to be a corporate halfwit to buy a hospitality package. Everything is just so shite about it no matter which club or occasion. In fact the higher the price the more cringeworthy it gets in my experience. Give me a trough of bacon and diy butties at Withdean over private butler boxes at Wembley any day. But really, nothing beats being behind the goal standing and a few pre match beers with mates in a local before the game. That’s proper football!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
‘Hospitality’, including dress code, is like some in-joke when it comes to football. A rusty service for golden prices if ever there were. You’ve got to be a corporate halfwit to buy a hospitality package. Everything is just so shite about it no matter which club or occasion. In fact the higher the price the more cringeworthy it gets in my experience. Give me a trough of bacon and diy butties at Withdean over private butler boxes at Wembley any day. But really, nothing beats being behind the goal standing and a few pre match beers with mates in a local before the game. That’s proper football!
Absolutely, couldn't agree more

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don't usually partake of the food but a lunchtime kickoff meant I gave it a go. And wow - what a treat. Everything pictured for just £7.90. I felt like royalty. Not just the amazing sausage and farm fresh bread but actual real Kenco instant coffee in a paper cup. I passed on the onions before actually seeing the food and glad I did as it would have ruined the open spaces of the roll which were quite clearly there to blend in with the swooping Downs.

View attachment 115934

That looks absolutely 'Pascal'
I've seen better food served on the A21!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Is that seriously a 1901 offering? Surely it's bad enough having to wear beige slacks! :+

Last edited:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
It looks a bit like a mouse with the legs torn off and the fur burnt away. There is clearly a nose and eye on the left hand side, on the stump of the burnt tail on the right.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe

View attachment 115934

Oh no - and now you're going to incur the wrath of the esteemed CEO for putting negative comments on social media. Why aren't you fans just delighted with everything we sting you with ?

Look - we played a proper first team today (very few kids) and they beat the Champions League finalists 3-0. Now you want value for money in the poshest lounge - stop whinging fans and understand how difficult it is for me to accept (or ever apologise for) criticism of any kind. By the way, the kids team for the Carabao Cup was because "you customers" don't understand - wait to see what I've got up my sleeve for the FA Cup !!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That looks absolutely 'Pascal'
I've seen better food served on the A21!

It’s good food at the catering van in the lay-by just passed Robertsbridge perhaps they should cater for 1901

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yep, how I miss standing on the open terraces, with my cup of Bovril and steak & gristle pie, back in the good old days..

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Is that seriously a 1901 offering? Surely it's bad enough having to wear beige slacks! :+
Little bit disingenuous as it is from the "Gold Menu" which is the burger/hot dog fare in lieu of a kiosk. It is normally pre-prepared, wrapped in foil and left under a hot lamp. I have had the burgers before and they would have been fine had they not been luke warm. But this was constructed by opening a pack of too big rolls and dumping a sausage on top. Knowing the onions would be soggy and cold, I asked for without but probably should have bulked out the voids.

I do love flushing out the self important no marks who think if you don't shovel MSG ridden mechanically recovered pig product down your gob then you aren't a real fan, though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Green & white weren't they? Rambler coaches that is, not the catering van.

That's right, had good times driving for them, especially the crusty tours along the south coast to Devon etc....
Also drove spoilt ******** from the UAE, studying engineering at Tonbridge, Worthing and Shoreham Airport.
They used to live at the old Northeye prison.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Green & white weren't they? Rambler coaches that is, not the catering van.
Seagulls Travel used them - not sure if they still do. Could have run a sweepstake on how many warning lights would be on or how many attempts it would take to open the door. Also plenty of seats that were fully reclined whether you wanted to or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here