Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] M.O.T.D.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
If you recorded MOTD, how many times have you watched so far and how many cant believe how praiseworthy the pundits were?.
Personally I've watched it four times so far.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing Brian.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
5 times thus far. Praise where praise is due, having read a few of the national newspaper reviews there was about a 70/30 split between spurs comment and Albion praise.

Nothing scientific but I’d say that MOTD was about the same ratio but in the other direction.

In particular (and I’m paraphrasing):

Murphy:

brilliant team display in every aspect.

Deliberate tactics from graham potter who deserves great credit

Gross was superb, but you could do a [highlights] run on any Brighton player, they were all superb

Shearer & Linaker : just purred over connelly in general, mature, on the front foot etc. Etc.

How long I have waited for such enjoyable viewing of the nations biggest football show!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
5 times thus far. Praise where praise is due, having read a few of the national newspaper reviews there was about a 70/30 split between spurs comment and Albion praise.

Nothing scientific but I’d say that MOTD was about the same ratio but in the other direction.

In particular (and I’m paraphrasing):

Murphy:

brilliant team display in every aspect.

Deliberate tactics from graham potter who deserves great credit

Gross was superb, but you could do a [highlights] run on any Brighton player, they were all superb

Shearer & Linaker : just purred over connelly in general, mature, on the front foot etc. Etc.

How long I have waited for such enjoyable viewing of the nations biggest football show!

Shearer was in bits about our lad Connolly. Almost lost for words. Great stuff!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not the last match and also complimented for the great job we did rather than the expected Spurs are in turmoil

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you recorded MOTD, how many times have you watched so far and how many cant believe how praiseworthy the pundits were?
Once so far - second time shortly. Was shocked they praised us so much, I was expecting it to be all about Tottenham's woes. Made a nice change.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont know why the words of a football celebrity would be any better or more important than the words of anyone in here. I guess its in the human nature to suck the dicks of other "high status" humans but I just dont play along with it. Im 100% certain everyone in here knows more about Brighton than Alan Shearer, Beyonce or Greta do. You go feel proud based on the game instead of what some TV people say.

I'll send you a bill for the life advice.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Not on MOTD, but I saw a clip of Tim Sherwood saying that he absolutely loves Connolly and said he was a horrible little ....... in the best way possible. :lolol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure Spurs fans were really pissed off by the way MOTD covered the game. Virtually all the pundits did was praise Brighton, just a passing reference to the problems Spurs have, problems that mean there is a very real possibility that they might not make the top 4 this season.

Ah well, that's what you get when you're trying to break the City/Liverpool duopoly. The media don't wanna know you.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I dont know why the words of a football celebrity would be any better or more important than the words of anyone in here. I guess its in the human nature to suck the dicks of other "high status" humans but I just dont play along with it. Im 100% certain everyone in here knows more about Brighton than Alan Shearer, Beyonce or Greta do. You go feel proud based on the game instead of what some TV people say.

I think you've missed the point. Rightly or wrongly we've always had a bit of a 'thing' about media coverage. When we were a shit fourth-tier side, right up until we got into the PL, we always moaned about the media coverage of football in general, saying it was biased in favour of the PL and completely ignored clubs outside the top division. "Football didn't start in 1992" was a common refrain. Then when we reached the PL we discovered that in fact the media are only really interested in the top six, and the other clubs just get mentioned in passing as they (we) are simply there to make up the numbers. All news stories are presented from their angle:i.e.. 'Spurs lose' not 'Brighton win'.

By and large we've accepted this and are happy to fly under the radar; sometimes though it does grate a bit when we feel the club should get more credit than it does. Outplaying and beating a Top Six team 3-0 is definitely one of those occasions, and it was nice that this was recognised and reported more as "Brighton played well' rather than 'Spurs were crap, let's spend the rest of the allotted time discussing their problems."

So it was a nice change and nothing to do with 'dick sucking' as you put it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think you've missed the point. Rightly or wrongly we've always had a bit of a 'thing' about media coverage. When we were a shit fourth-tier side, right up until we got into the PL, we always moaned about the media coverage of football in general, saying it was biased in favour of the PL and completely ignored clubs outside the top division. "Football didn't start in 1992" was a common refrain. Then when we reached the PL we discovered that in fact the media are only really interested in the top six, and the other clubs just get mentioned in passing as they (we) are simply there to make up the numbers. All news stories are presented from their angle:i.e.. 'Spurs lose' not 'Brighton win'.

By and large we've accepted this and are happy to fly under the radar; sometimes though it does grate a bit when we feel the club should get more credit than it does. Outplaying and beating a Top Six team 3-0 is definitely one of those occasions, and it was nice that this was recognised and reported more as "Brighton played well' rather than 'Spurs were crap, let's spend the rest of the allotted time discussing their problems."

So it was a nice change and nothing to do with 'dick sucking' as you put it.

Nicely put

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm sure Spurs fans were really pissed off by the way MOTD covered the game. Virtually all the pundits did was praise Brighton, just a passing reference to the problems Spurs have, problems that mean there is a very real possibility that they might not make the top 4 this season.

Ah well, that's what you get when you're trying to break the City/Liverpool duopoly. The media don't wanna know you.

Was a pleasant surprise, must admit I thought it was all going to be about the Spurs meltdown

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Shearer's not a football celebrity, he's the all-time PL top goalscorer (260 goals). He's been there, done it, got the complete wardrobe. So if he's effusive about our young 19yo striker on his two-goal home debut then we take it to the bank, as would you if he did the same about a Swansea striker.

You have not been charged for this evidence-based rebuttal.

PG

PS You may want to look elsewhere on t'internet for your anatomical analogy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not on MOTD, but I saw a clip of Tim Sherwood saying that he absolutely loves Connolly and said he was a horrible little ....... in the best way possible. :lolol:

Tim Sherwood is getting a fair bit of grief, for his 'joke' about the first goal, that "Lloris would hold both hands up, to apologise for the mistake - if he could"

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Tim Sherwood is getting a fair bit of grief, for his 'joke' about the first goal, that "Lloris would hold both hands up, to apologise for the mistake - if he could"

I've missed that. Not classy at all. Yes, it was a dreadful piece of keeping, but the man was screaming in agony after his freak injury. Tasteless "joke".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here