Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connolly elbowed

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Tim Sherwood and Michael Owen went through it on Optus Sports. Sherwood knows Connolly really well and was saying he is a really (in a positive way) annoying and spiteful player to come up against, always niggling, always in your face, and this is what happened as Sherwood says of Dier "I know why he's done it, Connolly is nibbling at his ankles, being a little pest". Both Owen and Sherwood thought he was lucky not to get a red card. By the way Sherwood was saying that all this in a very positive light on Connolly, saying these are the attributes you need in a good striker. I can copy the footage, but not sure how to upload it.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Tim Sherwood and Michael Owen went through it on Optus Sports. Sherwood knows Connolly really well and was saying he is a really (in a positive way) annoying and spiteful player to come up against, always niggling, always in your face, and this is what happened as Sherwood says of Dier "I know why he's done it, Connolly is nibbling at his ankles, being a little pest". Both Owen and Sherwood thought he was lucky not to get a red card. By the way Sherwood was saying that all this in a very positive light on Connolly, saying these are the attributes you need in a good striker. I can copy the footage, but not sure how to upload it.

Saw that on YouTube. How does sherwood know him well? He’s probably seen him in like two u23 games. Hardly knowing him well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. When play stopped, the ref carded Dyer and we couldn't see any other reason for the card.

It was obvious Dier was getting done for that at the time.

Spuds loving celebs have been really honest and damning in the last 48 hours eg Max Rushton, pointing out that Sissoko and Dier spent the entire match deliberately barging into Albion players in shocking performances.

IMHO couple of immobile oaths on the day, run ragged by the speed of mind and play of Alzate, Maupay, Mooy and Connolly.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
He does know him well apparently, don't apologise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BokA2eiJjB8.
Thanks for posting that, saved me from trying to upload it. Shame it doesn't cover the analysis from Owen. He points out just how aware Connolly is, also there is a suggestion from Sherwood that Connolly is similar to a young Owen. Let's hope we can keep him for a few seasons.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I said on the day that Connolly is like Craig Bellamy. Meant as a compliment ... beyond the tireless nuisance on the field, he was an outstanding striker with great pace.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I said on the day that Connolly is like Craig Bellamy. Meant as a compliment ...
I was thinking I know that name sure he is an Aussie rugby player? He is an Aussie rugby player!!! I get what you mean though. If we are going to use an Aussie rugby analogy I would go with Alfie Langer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair, the ref did us a favour in keeping him on the pitch.

What the **** has happened to Eric Dier? Could’ve sworn he was good at football a couple of years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here