Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Interview with Dan Ashworth

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Don't know if this is buried on a thread somewhere but in case you haven't seen it, here is an interview from yesterday with Dan Ashworth. Shame it involves snide Jenas and mumbling Cole but interesting nonetheless.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
What a great interview. Not really heard him explain his role and why TB brought him in as clearly as this.

Like what he says about the playing philosophy if GP were to leave for whatever reason. Can see the drive and guiding hand of TB by appointing someone of his calibre and skill in such a role.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Thanks for posting - very interesting and also hugely encouraging. TBH I thought Jenas and Cole did pretty well in what was obviously new territory for them, All good. Thanks.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Really do see a future with TB, PB, TA and GP and lined up together, working together for the same goals taking this club onwards and upwards (and most importantly, in a stable, sustainable way).

So so far from where we once were.
Football will always be a rollercoaster, but seriously enjoying the upwards bit at the moment and even the next downturn doesn't scare me in the long term. Maybe we will be back in the Championship within the next few seasons but we will be strong and stable and very capable of bouncing back quickly and far more likely to go up than further down.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I really can see the benefit of this role now. If you manager decides the entire philosophy, then you lose that when you sack them. Man United are a good example since Ferguson. Players far outlast the managers who brought them in and who had specific plans for them. It becomes an expensive mess.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Great interview - thanks for posting. We're lucky to have him.

Agree it's a great interview, but not so sure about lucky to have him, it's smart recruiting from TB's headhunting IMO. If you look at the replies to Jake Humphrey's tweet about this from Newcastle and ManYoo fans the penny is slowly dropping with them that the backroom is just as important as what happens on the pitch.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks for that :thumbsup:
Jenas is a cock, he just wanted to look cool for the broadband comedy TV company.
Cole was being worked by strings.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Agree it's a great interview, but not so sure about lucky to have him, it's smart recruiting from TB's headhunting IMO. If you look at the replies to Jake Humphrey's tweet about this from Newcastle and ManYoo fans the penny is slowly dropping with them that the backroom is just as important as what happens on the pitch.

Oh absolutely. Great appointment by TB. I think you took me a bit too literally!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm amazed that a technical director would have such a large involvement with all those key areas of the club. He also seems to fit in well with the clubs philosophy of being uber calm and very calculated with all the decisions they make. Very smart of Tony Bloom to have Paul Barber, running the club, and Dan Ashworth, co-ordinating the long term links between the key paths, what a wonderful future we will have

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Don't know if this is buried on a thread somewhere but in case you haven't seen it, here is an interview from yesterday with Dan Ashworth. Shame it involves snide Jenas and mumbling Cole but interesting nonetheless.

Thanks for posting - it's a good interview, and Ashworth is very impressive. It really was quite a coup for us to sign him, and Bloom/Barber deserve a lot of credit here.

I actually didn't find Jenas to be in the least bit snide there there. He asked some intelligent questions, and I thought that he was quite eloquent.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks for posting - it's a good interview, and Ashworth is very impressive. It really was quite a coup for us to sign him, and Bloom/Barber deserve a lot of credit here.

I actually didn't find Jenas to be in the least bit snide there there. He asked some intelligent questions, and I thought that he was quite eloquent.

Maybe just me with his "Why did you sack my mate Chrissy who'll guarantee you survival" comment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you happen to know who's palace's technical director?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Me too although I'd add that Joe Cole's ramble contributed diddly squat

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe just me with his "Why did you sack my mate Chrissy who'll guarantee you survival" comment.

It’s a legitimate, interesting question, Hughton was a relatively safe bet. History tells us he has never been relegated but of course the football was turgid.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here