Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] R.I.P. Ginger Baker

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Very sad. Years ago I did lighting for Ginger Bakers Full House was a great gig.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
RIP Ginger

Have to confess I thought he’d die very young along with Keith Richards. They both appear to have lived life to the full in their heydays

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Was a great drummer!

RIP. No fighting with Jack please !

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Fabulous drummer, but not a very nice person, by all accounts.
Saw him recently in the Drum Legends gig at the Dome, alongside Pete Yorke and Herman Rarebell. He wasn't looking too good, then.
R.I.P. Ginger.

As an aside, anyone going to see Music of Cream on Thursday? Has his son, Kofi Baker on drums, alongside Malcolm Bruce (Jack's son) and Will Johns (Clapton's nephew).

They're pretty damn good.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Saw him in 1981 when he was playing with Hawkwind of all people. Brilliant drummer, less than a wonderful person by all accounts.

Cream were amazing, everyone should go on You Tube to their farewell concert at the Royal Albert Hall in 1968.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
First saw him at the Dome playing in Acker Bilk's Paramount Jazz Band before that band started wearing waistcoats and bowler hats. The band uniform was a grey pullover with a large letter P sewn on the front.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Saw him recently in the Drum Legends gig at the Dome, alongside Pete Yorke and Herman Rarebell. He wasn't looking too good, then.
R.I.P. Ginger.

As an aside, anyone going to see Music of Cream on Thursday? Has his son, Kofi Baker on drums, alongside Malcolm Bruce (Jack's son) and Will Johns (Clapton's nephew).

some pedigree there mate ....dome has great acoustics to .....have a good un ..:thumbsup:

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
RIP Ginger. Wonderful back catalogue of work. Fabulous drummer.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
some pedigree there mate ....dome has great acoustics to .....have a good un ..:thumbsup:

Sadly not at the Dome - that was the Drum Legends gig a while ago. Music of Cream are playing at the Haunt....or supposed to be, but I hear it's moved round the corner in Pool Valley. Guess I'd better make sure.... :)

And cheers, I will do.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
R.I.P. Ginger.

By all accounts Herman lives in Brighton and more importantly so does Michael Schenker:clap2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be honest, I thought he'd died some time ago, but that doesn't in any way detract from the sadness of today. RIP Ginger.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
To be honest, I thought he'd died some time ago, but that doesn't in any way detract from the sadness of today. RIP Ginger.

You were possibly thinking of Jack Bruce? Sad (and ironic considering his many years of alcohol & heroin addiction) that Eric Clapton is the only one left...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You were possibly thinking of Jack Bruce? Sad (and ironic considering his many years of alcohol & heroin addiction) that Eric Clapton is the only one left...
No, I wasn't - somehow I was quite sure (wrongly as I now know) that Clapton was the only one left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here