Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The bench for the next league game

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Assuming we don't change the side, and why would we ... and assuming our players make their expected recoveries from injury .... our bench could be ...

Button, Bernardo, Duffy, Propper, Bissouma, March, Trossard*.

Easily the most expensively assembled and highest quality subs bench in our history. What a brilliant selection problem Potter is going to have

*Or you could have Murray on there for probably Bissouma

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Assuming we don't change the side, and why would we ... and assuming our players make their expected recoveries from injury .... our bench could be ...

Easily the most expensively assembled and highest quality subs bench in our history. What a brilliant selection problem Potter is going to have

Murray would definitely be on our bench, otherwise we have no cover for Maupay or Connelly, probably at the expense of either Bernardo, Duffy or Bissouma.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Assuming we don't change the side, and why would we ...

Potter will pick a team to win the next match. Villa got it tactically perfect yesterday too so don’t bank on the same system or players. Potter was rightly lorded on MoD for out thinking Potch with his central midfielder square. I suspect we’ll be in for our usual Potter team selection surprise with maybe March & Pröpper and perhaps Bernie or Greyhound back in the team.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There are some really good options in our squad now, and with GP, it would take a better man than me to try and guess the starting 11.

After spending so long over the last few seasons debating over Murray's replacement, it turns out we didn't have to replace him at all.

All we had to do was change our style of football completely

Who knew ? :wink:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham

It's mad how good the starting 11 is that we have a thread on who's gonna make the bench haha!

"We want our celery, we want our celery" - Withdean J Block

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would say Murray for Duffy or possibly even Balogun depending on Bernardo fitness. I wonder if GP is trying to force Duffy out although I am not 100% convinced on either Burn or Webster who have both had good moments but also glaring mistakes but it must be remembered both have only played a few Premier games, so perhaps we need to give them time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Christ we really are Bipolar and Hove Albion, last week we had a shite squad with no depth. :lol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You can almost always expect 1-2 players to come back injured from their international duties, to its way too early to know who will be available and who wont. Also, "never change a winning side" is not really a GP thing (though ofc he changes less while winning than while losing). The "never change a winning side" is superstitious bullshit, theres no science to it. If GP thinks "ok, this player is better suited for this opponent", he will use that player regardless of results.

I could also see him go easy on Connolly, if needed. Its very easy that young players who get hyped up sort of goes into space with their thoughts and feelings. If Trossard gets well quick enough to participate in trainings etc I could see GP picking him over Connolly in the next game. We'll have to wait and see though. I also believe March will start somewhere if available.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Received his 4th yellow yesterday so will probably miss a home game v either Everton or Norwich but with luck could avoid the 5th until Norwich game and then miss United away.

I would prefer him to miss the Norwich game tbh, as we should be able to win without him. United away is perfectly winnable, but you sort of need your best team to do it. Bit worried though that whatever defenders Brighton field that day is gonna have a pretty rough time vs Daniel James.. thats an issue for later though. First mission is to get six points from Everton & Norwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here